The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI starts today!

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI starts today!

Participant

Hey All,

It's been a while since i've posted. It's been a rough month or so.

My hubby failed of the braf inhibitor he was on and we've been waiting the required 28 days so he can start IPI.

During that month tumours grew quite a bit, a few new ones popped up. He had to have some radiation to his jaw to control a lesion there and hopefully stop a soft tissue tumour that was pushing around a few teeth.

Plus we moved home to Canada and found out we're pregnant! 

Hey All,

It's been a while since i've posted. It's been a rough month or so.

My hubby failed of the braf inhibitor he was on and we've been waiting the required 28 days so he can start IPI.

During that month tumours grew quite a bit, a few new ones popped up. He had to have some radiation to his jaw to control a lesion there and hopefully stop a soft tissue tumour that was pushing around a few teeth.

Plus we moved home to Canada and found out we're pregnant! 

So today is the day! Can't wait to actually be "doing" something instead of waiting.

Curious as to what the fasted is that anyone on IPI has seen improvement? 

thanks,

Em

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        CLPrice31
        Participant

Hi Em,

Congratulations on your move & on the pregnancy! How exciting! I am on the double blind ipi trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC. Although I am not 100% sure I am receiving the drug, I figured I would chime in with my experience. I began experiencing slight tummy issues about 11 days after my first trial. I just finished my 3rd round last Friday. Currently, all issues have been controlled by immodium. My doctor warned me that after round 3, that's when people really start to get hit with side effects. We will see what happens in a few days! Besides my irritatable stomach, I have basically felt like I have the flu off an on. Muscle aches, chills, hot flashes. Oh, and look out for white hairs…. I was having my eyebrows waxed a little over a week ago and the technician said, "You have some white hairs in your eyebrows. Don't worry, I pluck!" I could not explain to her that those white hairs are actually GREAT things since they are indicators that I am receiving the drug. Anyway, none of the side effects keep me from enjoying my day to day life. I do require a nap a few times a week now…

Best wishes to you and your hubby. If you want more info on my experience, you can check out my blog.

lhaley
            Participant

Read Karen from NY's post. She also goes to the same hospital your going to but different Dr. She posted that she was told not to take immodium while on ippi. Just wanted you to check this out.  I think her post has moved to page 2 now.

Linda

CLPrice31
              Participant

IDK…They've told me that as long as immodium helps to keep taking it. I saw that post the other day though. Thanks though! 🙂

CLPrice31
                Participant

IDK…They've told me that as long as immodium helps to keep taking it. I saw that post the other day though. Thanks though! 🙂

lhaley
                  Participant

Read Karen from NY's post. She also goes to the same hospital your going to but different Dr. She posted that she was told not to take immodium while on ippi. Just wanted you to check this out.  I think her post has moved to page 2 now.

Linda

CLPrice31
                  Participant

Hi Em,

Congratulations on your move & on the pregnancy! How exciting! I am on the double blind ipi trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC. Although I am not 100% sure I am receiving the drug, I figured I would chime in with my experience. I began experiencing slight tummy issues about 11 days after my first trial. I just finished my 3rd round last Friday. Currently, all issues have been controlled by immodium. My doctor warned me that after round 3, that's when people really start to get hit with side effects. We will see what happens in a few days! Besides my irritatable stomach, I have basically felt like I have the flu off an on. Muscle aches, chills, hot flashes. Oh, and look out for white hairs…. I was having my eyebrows waxed a little over a week ago and the technician said, "You have some white hairs in your eyebrows. Don't worry, I pluck!" I could not explain to her that those white hairs are actually GREAT things since they are indicators that I am receiving the drug. Anyway, none of the side effects keep me from enjoying my day to day life. I do require a nap a few times a week now…

Best wishes to you and your hubby. If you want more info on my experience, you can check out my blog.

lhaley
                    Participant

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!  Exactly when is the baby due?

I hope that Jason has a quick response to ippi and can enjoy this pregnancy with you.

Linda

stageIV  5 years

Terra
                        Participant

Hi Emily, Congratulations to both of you on your pregnancy!  I do hope both Jason and Derek are responders to ipi – Derek will have his 3rd injection on July 20.  Maybe we will see you in TO sometime in the near future.  Stay strong I'll be thinking of you both.

Terra
                          Participant

Hi Emily, Congratulations to both of you on your pregnancy!  I do hope both Jason and Derek are responders to ipi – Derek will have his 3rd injection on July 20.  Maybe we will see you in TO sometime in the near future.  Stay strong I'll be thinking of you both.

lhaley
                          Participant

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!  Exactly when is the baby due?

I hope that Jason has a quick response to ippi and can enjoy this pregnancy with you.

Linda

stageIV  5 years

Viewing 3 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics