The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi side effects after 1st infusion

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi side effects after 1st infusion

Participant

It's been almost 3 weeks since 1st infusion, I am starting to get diarrhea and some slight itching. Is this normal so soon? 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

You should be getting your second infusion soon if 3 weeks since 1st. My first side affects started the night of my 2nd infusion. Nothing before that but I've read a couple on here who did within a few days of 1st infusion.

arthurjedi007
          Participant

You should be getting your second infusion soon if 3 weeks since 1st. My first side affects started the night of my 2nd infusion. Nothing before that but I've read a couple on here who did within a few days of 1st infusion.

arthurjedi007
            Participant

kylez
              Participant

Hi Pink,

Did you doctor give you any instructions or guidance about what to do if you experience the onset of diarrhea? My oncologist told me in the strongest possible terms to call him immediately, at the first sign of any diarrhea or any other changes in that area.

The Yervoy web site says "Call your healthcare provider if you have any signs or symptoms or they get worse. Even seemingly mild symptoms can lead to severe or even life-threatening conditions if not addressed. Do not try to treat symptoms yourself."

The most frequent side effects (including diarrhea) are on the Yervoy web site http://www.yervoy.com/patient.aspx.

Marianne quinn
                  Participant

My husband got an itchy rash about 10 days after first infusion of 10 mg. it is better now. He uses lotion and occasional antihistamine. About 10 days after 2nd infusion, he developed cramping and gas. We are changing his diet now. Third infusion Wednesday.more fatigue too. I wish he was on the3 mg arm of the clinical trial. I worry all the time

Marianne quinn
                    Participant

My husband got an itchy rash about 10 days after first infusion of 10 mg. it is better now. He uses lotion and occasional antihistamine. About 10 days after 2nd infusion, he developed cramping and gas. We are changing his diet now. Third infusion Wednesday.more fatigue too. I wish he was on the3 mg arm of the clinical trial. I worry all the time

Marianne quinn
                      Participant

Pink
                        Participant

Yes the doctor did address the diarrhea and itching. She recommended Benadryl cream and Imodium. She said to use the OTC products first but she also gave me a script for a stronger one. 

NYKaren
                          Participant

Hi Pink, yes those side effect are rare so early, but definitely possible. Please be very careful to be in touch with your doc especially on the diarrhea.   Good luck to you. I hope this will beat the beast. 

Karen

NYKaren
                            Participant

Hi Pink, yes those side effect are rare so early, but definitely possible. Please be very careful to be in touch with your doc especially on the diarrhea.   Good luck to you. I hope this will beat the beast. 

Karen

NYKaren
                              Participant

Karen

ReginaTink
                                Participant

I had my 2nd treatment with Yervoy one week ago and my third infusion will be the last week of february.  I'm getting more constipation at this time.  I have a slight rash and my dermatologist says that actually, this could be a good sign indicating that the treatment is working.  I am anxious to see my PET scan results April 9th.  Stay strong.  Regina

ReginaTink
                                  Participant

I had my 2nd treatment with Yervoy one week ago and my third infusion will be the last week of february.  I'm getting more constipation at this time.  I have a slight rash and my dermatologist says that actually, this could be a good sign indicating that the treatment is working.  I am anxious to see my PET scan results April 9th.  Stay strong.  Regina

ReginaTink
                                    Participant

Pink
                                      Participant

Yes the doctor did address the diarrhea and itching. She recommended Benadryl cream and Imodium. She said to use the OTC products first but she also gave me a script for a stronger one. 

Pink
                                        Participant

kylez
                                        Participant

Hi Pink,

Did you doctor give you any instructions or guidance about what to do if you experience the onset of diarrhea? My oncologist told me in the strongest possible terms to call him immediately, at the first sign of any diarrhea or any other changes in that area.

The Yervoy web site says "Call your healthcare provider if you have any signs or symptoms or they get worse. Even seemingly mild symptoms can lead to severe or even life-threatening conditions if not addressed. Do not try to treat symptoms yourself."

The most frequent side effects (including diarrhea) are on the Yervoy web site http://www.yervoy.com/patient.aspx.

kylez
                                          Participant

Hi Pink,

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics