The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI side effects 8 months after treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI side effects 8 months after treatment

Hi all! Have a quick question. I completed IPI treatment the first week in January. Side effects continued through March, but ebbed substantially. Yesterday, all these months later, I had effects as if I was in the middle of treatment. Couldn’t keep my eyes open I became so sleepy, then really bad itching, and when I was asleep I even drooled! Is this normal? And does it mean the Mel is rearing it’s ugly head again? I had scans last month and have been NED since March. Thanks for the input! Bless you all and keep fighting!!

Hi all! Have a quick question. I completed IPI treatment the first week in January. Side effects continued through March, but ebbed substantially. Yesterday, all these months later, I had effects as if I was in the middle of treatment. Couldn’t keep my eyes open I became so sleepy, then really bad itching, and when I was asleep I even drooled! Is this normal? And does it mean the Mel is rearing it’s ugly head again? I had scans last month and have been NED since March. Thanks for the input! Bless you all and keep fighting!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      POW
      Participant

I recently read an oncology nurse's blog (I'm sorry but I can't remember where) and she said that side effects from ipi could show up many months after treatment. She also said that the sooner such side effects are treated, the better the outcome. So you should probably get a call in to your oncologist immediately.

POW
        Participant

I recently read an oncology nurse's blog (I'm sorry but I can't remember where) and she said that side effects from ipi could show up many months after treatment. She also said that the sooner such side effects are treated, the better the outcome. So you should probably get a call in to your oncologist immediately.

POW
          Participant

gabsound
            Participant
              Kimberly,

I’m so glad to see you posting and that you are NED. Other than the itching which wasn’t severe, your side effects are different from what I experienced.

If you are worried it is always safer to call than not.

As for the drooling while sleeping , I think that’s a regular occurrence for me at least!

Julie

Thanks! Julie, I’m glad I’m not the only one dribbling LOL!
              gabsound
              Participant
                Kimberly,

I’m so glad to see you posting and that you are NED. Other than the itching which wasn’t severe, your side effects are different from what I experienced.

As for the drooling while sleeping , I think that’s a regular occurrence for me at least!

Julie

gabsound
                Participant
                  Kimberly,

Julie

Dynasysman
                  Participant

Hi Kimberly.  It took three months to get my pituitary system straightened out after two (yes, only two) doses of IPI last summer.  Mostly, I have been fine, but have occasional bouts of fatigue and depression about as bad as what I experienced immediately after IPI.  talk to your doctor ASAP.  They can help.

And congrats on staying NED!

Dynasysman
                    Participant

Hi Kimberly.  It took three months to get my pituitary system straightened out after two (yes, only two) doses of IPI last summer.  Mostly, I have been fine, but have occasional bouts of fatigue and depression about as bad as what I experienced immediately after IPI.  talk to your doctor ASAP.  They can help.

Dynasysman
                      Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics