The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI results

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI results

Participant

south

Posted a few seconds ago
      Things have gotten pretty rough here lately:  had bad sinus infection since the 6th of July, FINAALLLLLLY got some antibiotics about the 13, took for 5 days still felt like crap, so week, could not eve  get out of bed since the 6th because of head aches, the after the antibiotics, still was so week , then saw spin wheels again called dr.b., had an MRI and found our more tumors, plus my blood showed low on hormones, thyroid, so he put me steroids for the swelling in my brain and thyroid  for my metabolism.     

.dr b doesn't  seemed very encouraged that my IPI is working although I am holding out for weeks 12-14.  I find it weird that this has all started after the 4 and final infusion.

He suggests a chemo in pill for my brain may be the next best step……….Have appointments with both Drs. tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,still trying to remain hopefully.

Hanging on the the edge of a mustard seed.  🙂  Love to all  Kitty

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        triciad
        Participant

Kitty,

I am sorry to hear that things are a llittle tough right now.  I will keep you in my prayers for things to turn around soon!

Tricia

triciad
          Participant

Kitty,

I am sorry to hear that things are a llittle tough right now.  I will keep you in my prayers for things to turn around soon!

Tricia

kylez
            Participant

Kitty, you're brave. Neurological symptoms like spin wheels (again) are scary. Good luck today with your doc, hope what he proposes sounds right to you.

Maybe, maybe, just maybe the IPI is doing what it's supposed to do, growing anything it finds "bigger" (I think when the lymphocytes surround any mets they find) before they get smaller. The delayed response as well. None of us know but hang onto your mustard seed.

– Kyle

smap
                Participant

What is "spin wheels"?  

Thanks Stephanie

smap
                  Participant

What is "spin wheels"?  

Thanks Stephanie

kylez
                  Participant

Kitty, you're brave. Neurological symptoms like spin wheels (again) are scary. Good luck today with your doc, hope what he proposes sounds right to you.

Maybe, maybe, just maybe the IPI is doing what it's supposed to do, growing anything it finds "bigger" (I think when the lymphocytes surround any mets they find) before they get smaller. The delayed response as well. None of us know but hang onto your mustard seed.

– Kyle

cfw9186
                    Participant

We have now found another 20 tumors in my brain, I will now begin total brain radiation next week, 15 sessions and begin the chemo for my brain and body, one pill a day, dr. gamma knife believes that is the only way we can keep ahead of the melanoma in my brain, he said with out it he gives me 2.5 months before by brain is taken over, with total brain and chemo 8 -18 months, or until chemo stops working, very disturbing new on this end, but as I had said before we can not determine how the good Lord decides to bring us home. I get my IPI scan on the 5 th of 'august and hope they are helping my lungs and anything else going on, but not working fast enough for my brain, my right hand and side of my body is already losing coordination, so hopefully that will end with the chemo and rad, it is becoming difficult for me to type, something I was always very good at, and my writing which dad spent hours making me proactive as a child looks like ****………scary, all from a mole gone bad, tanning beds or sunburns , share that with you tan friends and it was all first discover less than a year ago, God bless us all. Love Kitty

FormerCaregiver
                        Participant

Kitty, I am sorry to read that you are having a tough time at the moment. You are in my
                          thoughts and prayers.

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                          Participant

Kitty, I am sorry to read that you are having a tough time at the moment. You are in my
                            thoughts and prayers.

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

kylez
                            Participant

Kitty,

I'm sorry to hear that's the news you got. That's a tough dilemma. With the chemo and radiation coming next week, I hope you get relief from those symptoms, and that you'll be comfortably continuing to type up a storm and feel better on your right side too.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You're a warrior and your attitude is inspiring.

– Kyle
                              brain mets: 1 (9/10), 1 (11/10), 3 (6/11)

kylez
                              Participant

Kitty,

I'm sorry to hear that's the news you got. That's a tough dilemma. With the chemo and radiation coming next week, I hope you get relief from those symptoms, and that you'll be comfortably continuing to type up a storm and feel better on your right side too.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You're a warrior and your attitude is inspiring.

– Kyle
                                brain mets: 1 (9/10), 1 (11/10), 3 (6/11)

cfw9186
                              Participant

We have now found another 20 tumors in my brain, I will now begin total brain radiation next week, 15 sessions and begin the chemo for my brain and body, one pill a day, dr. gamma knife believes that is the only way we can keep ahead of the melanoma in my brain, he said with out it he gives me 2.5 months before by brain is taken over, with total brain and chemo 8 -18 months, or until chemo stops working, very disturbing new on this end, but as I had said before we can not determine how the good Lord decides to bring us home. I get my IPI scan on the 5 th of 'august and hope they are helping my lungs and anything else going on, but not working fast enough for my brain, my right hand and side of my body is already losing coordination, so hopefully that will end with the chemo and rad, it is becoming difficult for me to type, something I was always very good at, and my writing which dad spent hours making me proactive as a child looks like ****………scary, all from a mole gone bad, tanning beds or sunburns , share that with you tan friends and it was all first discover less than a year ago, God bless us all. Love Kitty

kylez
                                Participant

Kitty, check out this post,

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/yervoy-crushed-brain-mets

The timing of the response on IPI to the brain mets is interesting esp. comapred to what you're seeing. For Mary Beth's husband, somewhere around the 3rd IPI treatment he went from 5 to 19 brain mets. 4th IPI treatment was 7/15. Today (10 days or so after 4th IPI) "most brain mets are gone, few remaining are barely visible."

Could be the IPI "it gets worse before it gets better"/delayed resonse scenario? Maybe you're experiencing that too.

kylez
                                  Participant

Kitty, check out this post,

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/yervoy-crushed-brain-mets

The timing of the response on IPI to the brain mets is interesting esp. comapred to what you're seeing. For Mary Beth's husband, somewhere around the 3rd IPI treatment he went from 5 to 19 brain mets. 4th IPI treatment was 7/15. Today (10 days or so after 4th IPI) "most brain mets are gone, few remaining are barely visible."

Could be the IPI "it gets worse before it gets better"/delayed resonse scenario? Maybe you're experiencing that too.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics