The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi related question

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi related question

Participant

My husband's bone scan revealed…lesions on rib cage and a lesion on his rt temporal lobe…. He started his ipi infusions Sept… finished Nov 2013…. Had two CT scans Dec/Jan….big tumor on lung shrunk by50% one disappeared completely and others all stable… We are thrilled….. But then the bone scan results threw us off …those lesions did not show up on the Jan 10 CT.. Bone scan done Jan 16..So ..Do bone lesions show up on Ct or PET scans? (Obviously not, right?) Also, he had an appointment yesterday  and his LDH levels are going up… So the Dr  seems to think that the ipi may have stopped. Working???    The dr also feels that there were no bone lesions until October or after… Because a PET and  a CT scan done in July/September showed no indication  of bone involvement…So confused!!!! Can ipi be shrinking and stabilizing  some tumors…while lesions are spreading on the bone??  Like my husband says one step forward two steps back…trying to remain positive… He is Going for a Pet scan Tuesday and Brain MRI Friday

Thanks and God Bless

Nancy

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        nancyg
        Participant

Oops…. Made a mistake… The bone scan  revealed a lesion on the RT temporal BONE not lobe

sorry!

nancyg
          Participant

Oops…. Made a mistake… The bone scan  revealed a lesion on the RT temporal BONE not lobe

sorry!

nancyg
            Participant

sorry!

Ali
              Participant

Yes, IPI can be shrinking and stabelizing some tumors while others are growing (so confusing).  This has been the case with me and almost all the immunotherapies I've been on.  I think all my bone tumors did show up on a CT, but for sure the PET, so I'm not sure why they do a bone scan. 

Radiation helped with my bone lesions, sometimes if you are responding to IPI and you have a couple of pesky tumors they will try and radiate them or surgically remove them.

That's exciting that he has had a respnes, hopefully there is more good news to come!!

Ali
                Participant

Yes, IPI can be shrinking and stabelizing some tumors while others are growing (so confusing).  This has been the case with me and almost all the immunotherapies I've been on.  I think all my bone tumors did show up on a CT, but for sure the PET, so I'm not sure why they do a bone scan. 

Radiation helped with my bone lesions, sometimes if you are responding to IPI and you have a couple of pesky tumors they will try and radiate them or surgically remove them.

That's exciting that he has had a respnes, hopefully there is more good news to come!!

Ali
                  Participant

Ali
                    Participant

nancyg
                        Participant

Thank you for your response… Wishing you well!

Nancy

nancyg
                          Participant

Nancy

nancyg
                            Participant

Nancy

Ali
                            Participant

Ali
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics