The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ipi reinduction failure

Forums General Melanoma Community ipi reinduction failure

Participant

Hi all,

After good response to IPI 1, I had reinduction but all existing mets have now progressed at 3 months of IPI 2 (no new ones).

Onc team has concluded that Vemurafenib is to be started.

I can't find any data on IPI reinduction rates of success so I would welcome your experience for a little on-line survey!

Beatrice, stage IV since Feb 2009 (6 different treatments so far)

Hi all,

After good response to IPI 1, I had reinduction but all existing mets have now progressed at 3 months of IPI 2 (no new ones).

Onc team has concluded that Vemurafenib is to be started.

I can't find any data on IPI reinduction rates of success so I would welcome your experience for a little on-line survey!

Beatrice, stage IV since Feb 2009 (6 different treatments so far)

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Beatrice,

Were your ippi dosages at the 3 mg/kg or 10 mg/kg ?

My oncologist has stated to me that the higher dosage patients

are having better success rates.  Possibly if you were on the low dosages

of ippi they could try the higher dosage before trying the Vemurafenib?

I am currently on a clinical trial with the high dosage and GM-CSF (sub q shots 14 days on and then 7 off

for the whole time)  and so far my tumors are shrinking.  I am in the maintenance phase of the Ippi getting

infusions every 12 weeks (after the initial every 3 weeks for 12 weeks).   I had tumors in liver, lungs and one on

the scalp at cervical spine C1-2 pressing  and inoperable because of the close proximity to the spine.

The ones in my lungs are gone as well as the one on my scalp.  The one on the liver is still

there but has shrunk.  I will be going for another Ippi maintenance infusion in April.  I also believe that having a

high Vitamin D3 and high CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) count has helped with my success.  Both Vitamin D3 and CoQ10

results are done by blood testing.  If interested in Vitamin D3 do a search on my user name for more information.

Best Wishes,

Gene

beatricefromPARIS
            Participant

Hi Gene

I had 4x3mg and 4x3mg at reinduction.

I take vit D3 supplements under medical prescription .

I will have a look at Q10. Someone mentioned vit K1 also.

but I prefer not taking supplements without dr's approval!

Beatrice

beatricefromPARIS
              Participant

Hi Gene

Beatrice

beatricefromPARIS
                Participant

Hi Gene

Beatrice

Gene_S
                Participant

Beatrice,

I am currently on a clinical trial with the high dosage and GM-CSF (sub q shots 14 days on and then 7 off

for the whole time)  and so far my tumors are shrinking.  I am in the maintenance phase of the Ippi getting

infusions every 12 weeks (after the initial every 3 weeks for 12 weeks).   I had tumors in liver, lungs and one on

the scalp at cervical spine C1-2 pressing  and inoperable because of the close proximity to the spine.

The ones in my lungs are gone as well as the one on my scalp.  The one on the liver is still

there but has shrunk.  I will be going for another Ippi maintenance infusion in April.  I also believe that having a

high Vitamin D3 and high CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) count has helped with my success.  Both Vitamin D3 and CoQ10

results are done by blood testing.  If interested in Vitamin D3 do a search on my user name for more information.

Best Wishes,

Gene

Gene_S
                  Participant

Beatrice,

Best Wishes,

Gene

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics