The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi nivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi nivo

Participant

How soon can I tell if it's working I've had one dose and my legs are swollen I feel like crap

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Marianne quinn
        Participant

Please call your doctor. The swollen legs concern me.

Debbieamccoy
            Participant

I'm on lasix and potassium supplement its helping I just need to stay off my feet

Bearsworth
              Participant

I appreciate you posting some symptoms you are having. I am contemplating the direction I want to go with my meds. I am stage 3. Have had several surgeries. 5 to be exact. 2 wide local incisions on my back, 1 superficial on each side of my groin 1 of them being negative and 1 positive.  Then 1 deep groin disection that came out positive. This week after 2 yrs NED they found a spot 2cm in size under my bladder close to my pelvis.  They have not biopsied it yet. I have to schedule a ct biopsy Monday. Long story short, we are talking about yervoy/nivo in combination if this comes out positive for melanoma. I guess I have a few questions from somebody with first hand experience as far as side effects. I am a male 42 yrs old and pretty active. Not overweight. Have slight lymphadema in my mid section and once in a while very slight in my feet. Other than the melanoma, very healthy. What should I expect?  I have to function each day with my job although not a physical job. I appreciate your help on this. I know these questions are usually for a doctor but I want to hear from someone with first hand knowledge. Thank you so much. 

Bearsworth
                Participant

I appreciate you posting some symptoms you are having. I am contemplating the direction I want to go with my meds. I am stage 3. Have had several surgeries. 5 to be exact. 2 wide local incisions on my back, 1 superficial on each side of my groin 1 of them being negative and 1 positive.  Then 1 deep groin disection that came out positive. This week after 2 yrs NED they found a spot 2cm in size under my bladder close to my pelvis.  They have not biopsied it yet. I have to schedule a ct biopsy Monday. Long story short, we are talking about yervoy/nivo in combination if this comes out positive for melanoma. I guess I have a few questions from somebody with first hand experience as far as side effects. I am a male 42 yrs old and pretty active. Not overweight. Have slight lymphadema in my mid section and once in a while very slight in my feet. Other than the melanoma, very healthy. What should I expect?  I have to function each day with my job although not a physical job. I appreciate your help on this. I know these questions are usually for a doctor but I want to hear from someone with first hand knowledge. Thank you so much. 

Bearsworth
                  Participant

Debbieamccoy
                    Participant

I'm on lasix and potassium supplement its helping I just need to stay off my feet

Debbieamccoy
                      Participant

Marianne quinn
                      Participant

Marianne quinn
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics