The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI/NIVO Headaches, Fever, weakness

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI/NIVO Headaches, Fever, weakness

Participant
      Finished my second infusion 8 days ago. Now I’m having severe headaches and other symptoms. Told MDA and they gave me the list of side affects. They explained that if my headaches get worse, they want to scan earlier. My question is, I am taking Advil and the headaches go away fairly quick, but come back not as bad. If there are tumors or lesions in my brain, are the headaches constant of do they come and go ? I do know that headaches are part of the symptoms list, just asking what all of you that have gone through this know

Thanks Trent

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Hi Trent, first point would be follow your dr. advice and the second point would be headaches with immunotherapy can be an indicator of endocrine issues like the pituitary being inflamed. Blood work and a brain scan can sort things out. Best Wishes!!!Ed

THMoore
            Participant
              They said my thyroid was failing after the first infusion
            jc2dad
            Participant
              Trent I had hypophysitis symptoms after first infusion of IPI. Within a week my pituitary was so swollen it was causing all kinds of issues. The headache was like a migraine except constant with no relief. Advil, Ibuprofen, etc….nothing worked. The headache was a throbbing whole head aching. Change of position from standing to lying and it got worse. Don’t know if this helps, but if your symptoms are similar, get it checked out. Can cause aneurism if left to long.
                THMoore
                Participant
                  Thx
                  Yea they did say my thyroid was not working properly. I go back in 2 weeks for blood work and will go from there. My headaches come and go. I take Advil and it’s works well. I am very weak and run a light fever on and off. Other then that, I am OK.
                  THMoore
                  Participant
                    Thx
                    Yea they did say my thyroid was not working properly. I go back in 2 weeks for blood work and will go from there. My headaches come and go. I take Advil and it’s works well. I am very weak and run a light fever on and off. Other then that, I am OK.
                    THMoore
                    Participant
                      Thx
                    AMcReader
                    Participant
                      I had a brain tumor the size of a lemon in my brain and didn’t have a single headache. I asked my neurosurgeon about this after the procedure and he said headaches are not necessarily a primary symptom of brain tumors. So, I’d say your issue is more likely from treatment or one of the side effects others have pointed out.
                        THMoore
                        Participant
                          Thank you Amanda. My headaches just come and go. Seems to help when I drink water. It might hurt in the front, then the back and then the sides. I’ve had 2 infusions with thyroid issues now. I hope your doing well

Hugs
                          Trent

Viewing 2 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics