The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI/NIVO combo discussed by Mayo doctor

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI/NIVO combo discussed by Mayo doctor

• Replies
      BrianP
      Participant

"The combination of nivolumab and ipilimumab appear to have highest rate of efficacy including a best response rate, (6% higher than single agent PD1)"

IMHO 6% better efficacy seems highly understated.  

RichInLife2
          Participant

Key Points:
            At 4 years, median overall survival was not reached in the nivolumab-plus-ipilimumab group, 36.9 months in the nivolumab group, and 19.9 months in the ipilimumab group. Median progression-free survival was 11.5 months, 6.9 months, and 2.9 months, respectively.

Yep, pretty impressive. The only downside is the incidence of grade 3 and 4 (combined) adverse events increases by about 30 per cent. So, the combo seems to be the way to go if your body can take it.

ed williams
            Participant

Hi Brian, here are two links, first shows 4 year survival and #'s for combination shows 53% survival down from 58% at 3 year mark in second link from New England journal of medicine. Nivo at 4 years survival is at 46% down from 52% at 3 year mark. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181022005105/en/Opdivo-nivolumab-Combination-Yervoy-ipilimumab-Demonstrates-Durable

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1709684

BrianP
              Participant

So four year survival for combo is 7% better than anti-Pd1 alone.  6% not as understated as I thought.  I guess I'm thinking more of the initial trial results.  I seem to remember the reported response rates being much greater for the combo than single agent but I could be wrong on that account also.  Seems to happen to me a lot these days.

ed williams
                Participant

Brian, the data always comes out in the fall a year behind checkmate 067 trial start time. I started in Jan. 2014 so just passed 5 year mark a month ago. I hope the survival curves have reached a point where they flatten out and stay where they are now. Take Care!!!Ed 

Viewing 0 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics