The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ipi again? 10 or 40% chance

Forums General Melanoma Community ipi again? 10 or 40% chance

Participant

Does anyone have a number on the response rate of a reinduction of yervoy, I have read on mpip it is 40% but our doctor said 10%?

Does anyone have a number on the response rate of a reinduction of yervoy, I have read on mpip it is 40% but our doctor said 10%?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lisa13
        Participant
          I’m on my second ipi reinduction as of tomorrow. My dr. told me it was 20, but other people have said 30, 40, etc. It’s so hard to understand the stats sp I try not to think too much. I personally don’t understand why a drug works for people and then doesn’t.
            WendyPam
            Participant

Terra,

My Mom is doing reinduction now. She was stable for 8 months showing a reduction in tumor size then grownth and some new spots on her spleen. I definitely see a difference this time around in regards to her being fatigued . We also ran into diarrhea problems this time that we didn't have last time. She is currently on steriods and using a patch for nausea and feeling much better. Still having diarrhea 2x every morning but Dr was ok with that and planning for infusion #3 on the 13th. In regards to the % that your Dr is stating I have no idea. Our Dr told us around 30%, I found this information while surfing the internet. We don't see Dr. O'Day , but I think highly of him.  I hope this helps.

Wendy

Reinduction Works Too
              Reinduction with ipilimumab at the time of disease progression can also lead to clinical benefit, report the study authors.
              Reinduction was allowed within 28 days of documented progression. A total of 32 patients were reinduced per protocol: 8 with ipilimumab, 23 with combination therapy, and 1 with gp100 (6.1%, 7.3%, and 0.8%, respectively, of the total who received initial therapy with each).
              Upon reinduction, a partial or complete response or stable disease was achieved by 65% to 75% of patients in the ipilimumab groups and 0% in the gp100 group, according to the investigators.

Dr. O'Day reports playing a consultant or advisory role for and receiving honoraria and research funding from Bristol-Meyers Squibb, and receiving research funding from Medarex. Dr. Blayney reports uncompensated consulting relationships with Allos, Cephalon, and BMS; and receiving research funding from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Dr. Sondak reports being a speakers bureau member and providing consulting and expert testimony for Merck/Schering-Plough; he is also on advisory panels for Bristol-Myers Squibb, Genzyme, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and Provectus.
              American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2010 Annual Meeting: Abstract 4, presented June 6, 2010; abstract 8509, presented June 5, 2010.
              Lisa13
              Participant

I read this too. What worries me is that this was 2 years ago and now many people see to be dropping the numbers. I don't believe this and won't believe it – it's a statistis.  So far, we're about to change the numbers!  It may have a bit of difference with low disease.

Lisa13
                Participant

I read this too. What worries me is that this was 2 years ago and now many people see to be dropping the numbers. I don't believe this and won't believe it – it's a statistis.  So far, we're about to change the numbers!  It may have a bit of difference with low disease.

Lisa13
                  Participant

Lisa13
                    Participant

Lisa13
                      Participant

Lisa13
                        Participant

WendyPam
                          Participant

Terra,

My Mom is doing reinduction now. She was stable for 8 months showing a reduction in tumor size then grownth and some new spots on her spleen. I definitely see a difference this time around in regards to her being fatigued . We also ran into diarrhea problems this time that we didn't have last time. She is currently on steriods and using a patch for nausea and feeling much better. Still having diarrhea 2x every morning but Dr was ok with that and planning for infusion #3 on the 13th. In regards to the % that your Dr is stating I have no idea. Our Dr told us around 30%, I found this information while surfing the internet. We don't see Dr. O'Day , but I think highly of him.  I hope this helps.

Wendy

Reinduction Works Too
                            Reinduction with ipilimumab at the time of disease progression can also lead to clinical benefit, report the study authors.
                            Reinduction was allowed within 28 days of documented progression. A total of 32 patients were reinduced per protocol: 8 with ipilimumab, 23 with combination therapy, and 1 with gp100 (6.1%, 7.3%, and 0.8%, respectively, of the total who received initial therapy with each).
                            Upon reinduction, a partial or complete response or stable disease was achieved by 65% to 75% of patients in the ipilimumab groups and 0% in the gp100 group, according to the investigators.

Dr. O'Day reports playing a consultant or advisory role for and receiving honoraria and research funding from Bristol-Meyers Squibb, and receiving research funding from Medarex. Dr. Blayney reports uncompensated consulting relationships with Allos, Cephalon, and BMS; and receiving research funding from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Dr. Sondak reports being a speakers bureau member and providing consulting and expert testimony for Merck/Schering-Plough; he is also on advisory panels for Bristol-Myers Squibb, Genzyme, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and Provectus.
                            American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2010 Annual Meeting: Abstract 4, presented June 6, 2010; abstract 8509, presented June 5, 2010.
                            WendyPam
                            Participant

Terra,

Wendy

Reinduction Works Too

Lisa13
                            Participant
                              I’m on my second ipi reinduction as of tomorrow. My dr. told me it was 20, but other people have said 30, 40, etc. It’s so hard to understand the stats sp I try not to think too much. I personally don’t understand why a drug works for people and then doesn’t.
                              Lisa13
                              Participant
                                momof2kids
                                Participant

I won't worry about it until the time comes, but Yervoy has worked the last 4 months shrinking my liver/lung tumors (and no new tumors growing anywhere), but my doctor did say that if tumors start to re-grow again or I get new ones, he MAY NOT use Yervoy again, he may see what else is available (maybe a trial, etc).  I did not ask WHY?, so I have no idea why he wouldn't try it again.  It still is a fairly new drug (that's not in clinical trial anymore), so maybe they can reintroduce it after something else again and it may work better (like Yervoy, then IL-2, then Yervoy again) or something, instead of doing (Yervoy, then Yervoy again), I have no idea.      I'm just hoping these tumors will stay shrinking or gone at some point and I can be NED at some point and go on for awhile til more things are approved for everyone and not stuck in clinical trials ๐Ÿ™

momof2kids
                                  Participant

I won't worry about it until the time comes, but Yervoy has worked the last 4 months shrinking my liver/lung tumors (and no new tumors growing anywhere), but my doctor did say that if tumors start to re-grow again or I get new ones, he MAY NOT use Yervoy again, he may see what else is available (maybe a trial, etc).  I did not ask WHY?, so I have no idea why he wouldn't try it again.  It still is a fairly new drug (that's not in clinical trial anymore), so maybe they can reintroduce it after something else again and it may work better (like Yervoy, then IL-2, then Yervoy again) or something, instead of doing (Yervoy, then Yervoy again), I have no idea.      I'm just hoping these tumors will stay shrinking or gone at some point and I can be NED at some point and go on for awhile til more things are approved for everyone and not stuck in clinical trials ๐Ÿ™

momof2kids
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics