The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi – 1 year after

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi – 1 year after

Participant

Hi all

Just an update about my wife:

She begun ipi treatment March 11, 2011, the scans in June revealed that ipi had worked very well.

Here almost a year after, she is still NED. It is still unbelievable. To all you Warriors out there: keep fighting..!!!

I dont know, why ipi worked so well on my wife, but she had always been positive, even when it was worse, with hope and believe in her heart.

Hi all

Just an update about my wife:

She begun ipi treatment March 11, 2011, the scans in June revealed that ipi had worked very well.

Here almost a year after, she is still NED. It is still unbelievable. To all you Warriors out there: keep fighting..!!!

I dont know, why ipi worked so well on my wife, but she had always been positive, even when it was worse, with hope and believe in her heart.

AND she went to a chinese doctor (who graduated in Beijing) and got acupuncture twice a week. Its impossible to say what makes you a responder, but I recommend the following, because it helped my wife. Maybe a combination got rid of the cancer?!

1) Stay positive (like himynameiskevin – a virtual lighttower for me and my family through 2011, all my hopes and prayers goes to you our fellow warrior)

2) Keep faith  that you someday will be NED.

3) Acupuncture, one or twice a week. Be sure that it is a original chinese doctor. Here in Europe, many try to learn the profession, but I think you have to be Chinese to really understand was goes on in your body, their knowledge about the bodybalance etc.

4) AVOID SUGAR! I know it´s hard to implement, but the craving only lasts a week or two, then your mind and body has written sugar off! Remember this: cancer cells gets nutrition from glycose/sugar. Cut sugar off and let the cancer cells starve to death! Many patients with cancer have a extraordinary desire for sugar, possibly related to the desire of the cancercells. Get the natural sugar from fruits instead. 

5) Excercise at least 3 times a week. Exercise is good for the immunesystem and is a part of preparing your body to fight the cancer. Besides it is good for your mind, and maybe you will loose weight as well.

Keep fighting all my friend

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Great news.Hoping your future is NED lifelong.Love some positve stories.want everyone here to have the same.     Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Great news.Hoping your future is NED lifelong.Love some positve stories.want everyone here to have the same.     Al

aldakota22
            Participant

boot2aboot
              Participant

i agree with you especially about accupuncture…i am having a big fight right now with the hospital because they won't take my insurance for accupuncture treatments…to all out there, SUGAR FEEDS CANCER and that includes grains, alcohol, fruit sugars…and if I can avoid them, ANYONE CAN because i am a SUGAR ADDICT

boots

boot2aboot
                Participant

i agree with you especially about accupuncture…i am having a big fight right now with the hospital because they won't take my insurance for accupuncture treatments…to all out there, SUGAR FEEDS CANCER and that includes grains, alcohol, fruit sugars…and if I can avoid them, ANYONE CAN because i am a SUGAR ADDICT

boots

boot2aboot
                  Participant

boots

momof2kids
                    Participant

This is GREAT TO HEAR.  I had my Yervoy/IPI from Sept 2011 thru Nov 2011.  My first checkup in Dec 2011, showed Liver & Lung tumors all shrinking.  Then I went back on March 2012, and tumors were shrinking even more than before and no new tumors growing anyplace else!!   So Yervoy is currently doing it's magic on myself as well, we're one of the lucky 1 out of 7 people it works for so far!!  I hope to have continued success and to reach 1+ years like your wife…lets hope it lasts much longer for both of us, and we can make these statistics kiss our butts!

momof2kids
                      Participant

This is GREAT TO HEAR.  I had my Yervoy/IPI from Sept 2011 thru Nov 2011.  My first checkup in Dec 2011, showed Liver & Lung tumors all shrinking.  Then I went back on March 2012, and tumors were shrinking even more than before and no new tumors growing anyplace else!!   So Yervoy is currently doing it's magic on myself as well, we're one of the lucky 1 out of 7 people it works for so far!!  I hope to have continued success and to reach 1+ years like your wife…lets hope it lasts much longer for both of us, and we can make these statistics kiss our butts!

momof2kids
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics