The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Interrupting keytruda due to coronavirus restrictions

Forums General Melanoma Community Interrupting keytruda due to coronavirus restrictions

Participant
      Hello,
      We live in Greece and my husband has been taking keytruda for almost two years, with success and no side effects. Due to covid19 spread in our country there are very strict restrictions about people moving inside the country. We live in an island and my husband has to travel to take his medicine. His next treatment is next week but his doctor was very sceptical about whether he should travel. The measures get stricter and stricter and nobody knows when will get back to normal. Is it ok if he misses one or two treatments, or more provided that the carantine time has ended? Thank you
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Edwin
        Participant
          In the summer of 2018 I was receiving Opdivo immunotherapy every 2 weeks. I skipped 2 treatments to have cataract surgery on both eyes.
            space oddity
            Participant
              Thank you for your response
              ed williams
              Participant
                Here is an article from way back at the start of clinical trials of Nivo then called MRX-1106 showing half life of 70% = or greater than 2 months in the blood. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4834717/
                space oddity
                Participant
                  Thank you
                  tkoss
                  Participant
                    after labs today i was talking to onc’s assitant and enquired about a break in treatment, either because covid interupts the clinic or drugs become in short supply. he advised that it is not good to interupt treatment.

at infusion same day , same PA came in to tell me infusion had to be interrupted because i showed hi liver enzymes. probably due to acetaminophen i was taking upon advisement of Derm who will do a office procedure next week. the PA did not reference his comments some 30 minutes earlier about interruption.

my take away, they probably don’t know a whole lot beyond reading and following NCCM guidelines.

Tsvetochka
                  Participant
                    I also travel for my treatments. I had to skip two Keytruda infusions back in the fall, and there weren’t any problems.
                      space oddity
                      Participant
                        This is reassuring. You didn’t have any problems even when you started the infusions again?
                        Tsvetochka
                        Participant
                          No. It really didn’t seem to make any difference.
                        MelMel
                        Participant
                          Last fall, when I wanted to travel to Europe my oncologist had no issues to either stretch my infusions or cancel one. I am on biweekly Opdivo infusions. Unfortunately for me, the trip never materialized.
                          Melanie
                      Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics