The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

intermitant dosing of Taf/Mek combo

Forums General Melanoma Community intermitant dosing of Taf/Mek combo

Participant
      Hi everyone i have question about best schedule for intermitant dosing,i have Erythum Nodosum reaction to the combo after just 9 10 days on.I often will continue treatment up to 4 weeks but then go off for several weeks for these to abate.They are quite painful and sometimes over 30 of them over body.I am fortunate that i am NED and have been for 21 months.Started targeted therapy 24 months ago after recurance of Mel after 7 years clear,was diagnosed stage 4 24 months ago and unfortunatly surgury on neck was deemed not possible.
      Dr. thinks i should try 2 weeks on and 1 off but i have read longer breaks are best as this may delay resistance. I see phase 2 study 1320 SWOG is looking into this but not sure of there schedule, anyone hear what that may be, or know of other news on intermitant therapy.
      Thank you for any help on this, i want to say how amazing and strong people on this forum are both Patients and care givers, i was care giver to my late wife before she passed from a rare cancer few years back. I think you are all Heros , dealing with disease and fear but doing it anyway, one foot in front of the other.
      Take care, blessings all.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Not a lot of data out from SWOG 1320 yet, but here is a link to the clinical trial that describes the two schedules!!! https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02196181
            Northern Son
            Participant
              Thanks for the link Ed much appreciated .
            Livinonaprayer
            Participant
              My husband is doing this trial, he has Stage IV lesion on his spine and ribs with Mets to his lungs. He in on the 3rd 8-week cycle and has had great results with the drugs, 42% reduction in the 3 lesions being followed after the first cycle and another not so dramatic reduction after cycle 2. He takes it for a week, 3 weeks off, then 4 weeks on then scans. As long as there is no disease progression he can stay in the program. It was the last spot in the program at our treatment center. Best wishes to you as you make your plan!
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics