The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Instinct or paranoid

Forums General Melanoma Community Instinct or paranoid

Participant
      A couple of months ago I had this terrible bout of constipation and abd pain. Went to prim doc and he did ct scan. Showed only a couple cyst on ovaries and hiatal hernia with lots of stool in colon. Have never felt not bloated since then. Sun before Christmas started this nausea and vomiting every time I eat, normal bowel movements but terrible pain across left lower and each time I have one with a little mucus. Painful gas, spasm are awful. Vomiting all back up.. Craving tums and that chalky taste. Feel so short if breath with activity. Lower back pain. Should I be worried?

A couple of months ago I had this terrible bout of constipation and abd pain. Went to prim doc and he did ct scan. Showed only a couple cyst on ovaries and hiatal hernia with lots of stool in colon. Have never felt not bloated since then. Sun before Christmas started this nausea and vomiting every time I eat, normal bowel movements but terrible pain across left lower and each time I have one with a little mucus. Painful gas, spasm are awful. Vomiting all back up.. Craving tums and that chalky taste. Feel so short if breath with activity. Lower back pain. Should I be worried? Otherwise just tired. Any suggestions?

Also after almost two years I am getting feeling back in the back of arm. Problem is weird sensations of crawling or dripping followed by this total annoying pain that shots pain, comes and goes, take my breath away. Tried neurotin tid 100 mg, not doing anything. Any suggestions? I think I would rather it go numb again.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        michelleg
        Participant

I think anything that is "not normal" for you for this long should be evaluated.  You know  your body better than anyone else.  It may be nothing or at least, not melanoma related.  Either way, the sooner you know……the better.  Hope you feel better soon and keep us updated.

Michelle/3b

michelleg
          Participant

I think anything that is "not normal" for you for this long should be evaluated.  You know  your body better than anyone else.  It may be nothing or at least, not melanoma related.  Either way, the sooner you know……the better.  Hope you feel better soon and keep us updated.

Michelle/3b

michelleg
            Participant

Michelle/3b

Linny
              Participant

Something that gives you this much discomfort needs to be checked out. If you're vomiting, you're losing fluids and that's not good. That alone can make you feel weak and washed-out. Do you remember eating anything unusual over Christmas? Is another family member experiencing similar symptoms? Most importantly, call your primary doc and tell him you're not getting better.

Linny
                Participant

Something that gives you this much discomfort needs to be checked out. If you're vomiting, you're losing fluids and that's not good. That alone can make you feel weak and washed-out. Do you remember eating anything unusual over Christmas? Is another family member experiencing similar symptoms? Most importantly, call your primary doc and tell him you're not getting better.

Linny
                  Participant

DeniseK
                    Participant

Hello, 

When was your last pet scan? A ct scan thats localized may not be

showing everything that could be going on. I don't want to freak you out because this could be something completely unrelated to melanoma but I had a lot of these symptoms,  my bowels became really erratic nausea, back pains, shortness of breath, fatigue, etc. Ask your doctor for a full body pet scan!!  I really want to emphasize that it could all be nothing but it's best to be safe and know for sure. Keep us posted please. 

All my best, Denise

DeniseK
                      Participant

Hello, 

showing everything that could be going on. I don't want to freak you out because this could be something completely unrelated to melanoma but I had a lot of these symptoms,  my bowels became really erratic nausea, back pains, shortness of breath, fatigue, etc. Ask your doctor for a full body pet scan!!  I really want to emphasize that it could all be nothing but it's best to be safe and know for sure. Keep us posted please. 

All my best, Denise

DeniseK
                        Participant

Hello, 

All my best, Denise

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics