The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Input on Temodar

Forums General Melanoma Community Input on Temodar

Participant
      Well after a year almost to the day of Keytruda my husband’s stage 4 shows progression on his scan. He was diagnosed stage 4 in November 2013 (lungs) and completed 4 doses of Yervoy with no response. Next came genomics and targeted therapy with Mekinist for NRAS mutation. He does not have BRAF. This worked for about 10 months with the next and most recent treatment being Keytruda. He has had additional sequencing but now shows NO mutations that gave available medicines.

To back up…in 2008 he was initially diagosed stage 3c and underwent radical neck, radiation and one entire long year of adjuvant interferon.

Back to current. Given the option of Opdivo combo or Temodar. We chose temodar at this time with the hopes to give him just a shot break from immunotherapy and maybe a very slight chance for some response from the temodar. Any input on temodar would be appreciated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        mary1233
        Participant

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for but I will give you my experience on Temodar.

I received it as adjuvant therapy for stage 3. I took it in pill form over five days, every three weeks for a total of six rounds. Like most chemos, the side effects got progressively worse. Nausea and fatique were the major side effects. After the treatment ended, I think it took about three months before I felt like I was back to my old self.

I remain NED and I ended the chemo about three years ago.

My best wishes for your husband.

Cathy M
            Participant
              Thank you for responding. I just wanted to hear someone’s experience that had actually taken it. John will be taking it 5 out of 28 days x 2 months and then scan for response. Congrats on NED and only the best to you for your future as well!
              Cathy M
              Participant
                Thank you for responding. I just wanted to hear someone’s experience that had actually taken it. John will be taking it 5 out of 28 days x 2 months and then scan for response. Congrats on NED and only the best to you for your future as well!
                Cathy M
                Participant
                mary1233
                Participant

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for but I will give you my experience on Temodar.

I received it as adjuvant therapy for stage 3. I took it in pill form over five days, every three weeks for a total of six rounds. Like most chemos, the side effects got progressively worse. Nausea and fatique were the major side effects. After the treatment ended, I think it took about three months before I felt like I was back to my old self.

mary1233
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics