The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Inhibitors and swelling

Forums General Melanoma Community Inhibitors and swelling

Participant

Hi, my husband just started a trial of P13 K and Mek inhibitor two weeks ago.  The rash has certainly started on his face but also some swelling – does anybody know if inhibitors might cause some swelling – I don't recall it being one of the possible side effects.

Thank-you,

Terra

Hi, my husband just started a trial of P13 K and Mek inhibitor two weeks ago.  The rash has certainly started on his face but also some swelling – does anybody know if inhibitors might cause some swelling – I don't recall it being one of the possible side effects.

Thank-you,

Terra

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        sharmon
        Participant
          My husband Brent has been on. Mek alone trial 14 months and no swelling. He just started to progress and we want to be on your trial. Where are you enrolled?
          sharmon
          Participant
            My husband Brent has been on. Mek alone trial 14 months and no swelling. He just started to progress and we want to be on your trial. Where are you enrolled?
            emilypen
            Participant

Hey Terra,

As you know my hubby was on the same trial. He only had swelling in the area that he had previously had lymph nodes removed and that was after the rash got really bad.

Where is Derek experiencing swelling? Is he on any steroids?

Em

Terra
                Participant

No he is not on any steroids and the swelling is around his jawline area.  Just really concerned it is more cancer spreading.  He is also fighting a cold. And the rash isn't that bad yet so we just don't know what it is. Thanx for answering Emily.  How is Jason doing on the BRAF/MEK trial?

Sharmon we are at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto – it is one of ten sites around the world.  Phase 1B with Dr. Bedard.  Here is the link:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01155453 

Terra
                  Participant

No he is not on any steroids and the swelling is around his jawline area.  Just really concerned it is more cancer spreading.  He is also fighting a cold. And the rash isn't that bad yet so we just don't know what it is. Thanx for answering Emily.  How is Jason doing on the BRAF/MEK trial?

Sharmon we are at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto – it is one of ten sites around the world.  Phase 1B with Dr. Bedard.  Here is the link:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01155453 

emilypen
                  Participant

Hey Terra,

As you know my hubby was on the same trial. He only had swelling in the area that he had previously had lymph nodes removed and that was after the rash got really bad.

Where is Derek experiencing swelling? Is he on any steroids?

Em

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics