The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

in transit, met what are the various things

Forums General Melanoma Community in transit, met what are the various things

Participant

3 years ago November i was diagnosed with Melanoma in situ. Actually there was two differening opinions on my biopsy. One said severly atypical and the other said melanoma . I had the it removed with margins for worse case scenario.  Well. i go to the dermatologist every six months and its been fine. About two months ago i noticed a small pea size lump about 2 inches from the location of the mole of terror. I went to see my dermatologist and it was finally removed yesterday. Here is the thing, as i wait for biopsy results, i have had a headache every single day, for the past three weeks. Severe often debilitating headaches. I have a history of migraines and i just thought hooray me, my headaches have suddenly, inexplicably taken a turn for the God awful. I have missed several days of work when they happen, and they have woke me up from a dead sleep before. This is not normal for me. So my dermatologist is saying, we will get the biopsy results back and depending on that, we will schedule an mri etc and then make a referral up to Duke.

My question is he felt pretty sure it is melanoma, but won't know until the results come back. But what is the difference between micro mets and intransit mets? All this will impact my insurance being willing to pay for those tests and i need to be prepared to do my homework. My insurance company has a history of being difficult.

Also, given my symptoms, does it sound like brain mets? am i just making something out of nothing, i mean i know it isn't nothing, but it could be something other than brain tumor, but do you think its similiar to other experiences? I am trying to talk myself down off the ledge so to speak. But at the same time, i have many things to do, plans that are already in place for spring and i am a planner. If you could share some insight into the brain side and mets, i would really appreciate it.

Eerye

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        mitchwendy
        Participant

Wish I had some magic words to make you feel better, but unfortunately, this is one of those 'time will tell' things…. Could it be something in your diet causing the headaches? Have you increased or decreased caffiene or anything else recently? Supplements or other nutritional things different?

Will be praying for you and hoping you get some conclusive answers soon. Knowing what you are dealing with is much better than not knowing!

mitchwendy
          Participant

Wish I had some magic words to make you feel better, but unfortunately, this is one of those 'time will tell' things…. Could it be something in your diet causing the headaches? Have you increased or decreased caffiene or anything else recently? Supplements or other nutritional things different?

Will be praying for you and hoping you get some conclusive answers soon. Knowing what you are dealing with is much better than not knowing!

mitchwendy
            Participant

JC
              Participant

I hope it's not melanoma, as from what I understand in situ is incapable of spreading

JC
                Participant

I hope it's not melanoma, as from what I understand in situ is incapable of spreading

JC
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics