The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

In person support group Charlotte?

Forums Caregiver Community In person support group Charlotte?

Participant
      Hi all, first I want to thank you all for all the incredible support and knowledge you have provided for both Kevin and myself. I was wondering if I could pick your brains some more. I would like to find a local support group for my whole family. I know being a caregiver lends itself to stressors different than those Kevin is going through and I would like to be able to meet others in person once in a while. I’d also like to find something for my boys as well if possible. I know they have concerns that most kids their ages don’t have to deal with and their friends can’t really relate. If anyone knows of any, please let me know. I have asked the case nurse assigned to Kevin’s case, but she has yet to get back to me. Thank you all again for everything!!

Megan

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carole K
        Participant

HI Megan,

I am glad you posted. I did not want to leave a personal message for you.

The name of the place in Charlotte I mentioned is

The Buddy Kemp Caring House.. 704-384-5223  Someone I know found this to be an incredible support for his daughter.  Good Luck and let me know how you make out please. It was great to meet you in chat last night. 

Love and LIght

Carole K

[email protected]

Carole K
          Participant

HI Megan,

The Buddy Kemp Caring House.. 704-384-5223  Someone I know found this to be an incredible support for his daughter.  Good Luck and let me know how you make out please. It was great to meet you in chat last night. 

Love and LIght

Carole K

[email protected]

Carole K
            Participant

HI Megan,

Love and LIght

Carole K

[email protected]

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics