The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

In need of advice ASAP.

Forums General Melanoma Community In need of advice ASAP.

Participant

my boyfriend has been in the hospital for four-ish months for his stage III C melanoma. He has been recieving immunotherapy, and the melanoma did not spread. Nor it is in his blood. Today he has asked me if he should seek out another treatment (trials) in order to try to get rid of the Melanoma, but I am not sure what to say. It hasn't got worse, nor has it gone better. Is it a good idea to have him try drug trials? What if the melanoma gets worse or spreads throughout his body? I really need advice on this. Please note that at the moment, we are long distance. He is located in Sweden and I am in the United States. So I am not sure what type if Immunotherapy he is recieving. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

It is not a normal situation for someone to be hospitalized during treatment with stage 3 melanoma or even stage 4. The only time we might get hospitalized is if we end up with a serious side effect from the treatment or with stage 4 effects from tumors, otherwise infusions and appointments are all outpatient. Sweden should have access to the top immunotherapy treatments like Ipi/Nivo combo and Keytruda. If you let us know what treatment he is currently on, we might be able to weigh in on whether he is getting the right treatment. 

jennunicorn
          Participant

This other site has more international patients and you might find some better international help over there: 

http://forum.melanomainternational.org/mif/

Patrisa
            Participant

I am from Europe, but to it is also strange that he is beeing hospitalized… In my country there is keytruda and other two available, I am sure in Sweden as well… I personally would first consider combo or keytruda, even more so beeing 'just' stage IIIC…

I don't want to downplay the seriousness of stage IIIC, but I think he has lots more options before considering trials…

Take care,

Patrisa

RitysMom
              Participant

He's been IN the hospital for over four months? Does he have other health issues besides melanoma?Melanoma is very serious, but does not usually involve long-term hospitalization. If you don't mind me asking, when was the last time you saw him face to face?

raun cesar
                Participant

With stage 3 malanoma this is the procedure, immunotherapy treatment is most advanced in sweden. Make sure to consider every option carefully before undergoing trials

AVeryHopelessPerson
                    Participant

Hello, thank you for your comment. 

How long would immunotherapy take to actually make at least a dent on the cancer? He has been recieving it for a few months now, with no progress. His next full body scan this next week. Should he stay with the immunotherapy for a while more? If so, how long?

jennunicorn
                      Participant

Most stay on treatment for up to a year, sometimes longer, it's really up to the discretion of the oncologist and what drug it is.

tanusharma
                      Participant

Pharmascience Health Gainer for contains calories in bulk and Weight Gain

A Health Gainer is a Pharma science – the Indian Ayurveda product. It is basically a weight work additive product which generally comes in a powder form which contains calories in bulk. It is full of proteins, fats and carbohydrates which gives your body an ultimate improvement and a muscular growth

For more visit
                        ……………………………………………………..
                        Health Gainer

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics