The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Imylgic injections

Forums General Melanoma Community Imylgic injections

Participant

Is there anyone receiving Imylgic injections  ?       Husband got first treat today. Only 6 people in Mississippi that I know about.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        maryb-z
        Participant

Hi,

I am waiting on my insurance to approve this treatment for me. I have been dealing with melanoma lesions in my right leg since 2009 and am currently stage 3C. I did the interferon treatment back in 2009 but am now going on my 9th recurrence (3 lesions,1 sub-q and 2 located by a PET scan). My injections will have to be ultra sound guided which my doctor has not yet expereiced before. She has 2 other patients but they have a lot more bulky tumors visible to the eye. If you are on Facebook there are 3 closed groups for melanoma that I belong to and I think 2 members are currenlty doing the Imlygic injections. If you are comfortable friending me on FB I can get the administrators to add you to the groups. My FB profile name is Mary Louise

Stlmag
            Participant

Would like to join the groups. I will look for you on FB. Imlygic has a patient assitance program if you have problems with insurance.

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics