The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Immunotherapy- pseudoprogression??

Forums General Melanoma Community Immunotherapy- pseudoprogression??

Participant
      Good morning to you all.
      My mom started opdivo/ yervoy 3 weeks ago after progression on Taf/Mek. She got terrible pain where her bone lesions are. She has not had any pain there before. We are hoping that it is a good sign. After couple of days, the pain was gone. But she can feel that her tumors in her breast are getting bigger and it hurts. But that is maybe pseudo progression? Also, the doctor refuses surgery and my mom can just feel the lumps getting bigger everyday. Why is that? Also, is it good to use radiation on the bones and where the tumors are in the breast?
      She has 3 infusions left with the combo and then just nivolumab. When does the immunotherapy start to kick in? Sorry about all the questions, I just need to hear that even though she feels the tumors get bigger, they can get smaller and she can get NED !
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          I am sorry she is in pain. I think it is pretty common to start drugs first and get them working in the body and then continue tumor removal and or radiation or all those things at the same time. Surgery and radiation can be layered on top of the immunotherapy when the tumor become painful. I’d think the drugs need a little more time to work.
          Yrjakrist
          Participant
            Thank you for your reply. She is in so much pain. She will get her 2. infusion of opdivo/yervoy on wednesday and hopefully the can radiate her breast asap. The strongest painkillers doesnt work on the pain 🙁
              JudiAU
              Participant
                That is awful. I think you have to pressure them very hard to get appropriate pain relief.
              hesitantappoint
              Participant
                Thank you for responding. She is in excruciating discomfort. She will receive her two bike race.
            Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics