The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Immune-Cell Population Predicts Immunotherapy Response in Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Immune-Cell Population Predicts Immunotherapy Response in Melanoma

• Replies
      Lil0909
      Participant

thanks for posting this. very interesting.

Lil0909
        Participant

Lil0909
          Participant

Polymath
            Participant

Hi Jenn,

Wow, this is huge!  So glad I am being treated at UCSF as you are, although my "drive" is a bit longer  πŸ™‚

If they can harness these cells, perhaps in a similar way to ACT (Josh, glad you will still get a shot at that) this could be as close to the silver bullet as we've come.  As a non or only partial responder to ipi/nivo/pembro I'll be first to sign up for a chance to propogate these cells.  Have a good day and my turn is on Friday.

Gary

jennunicorn
                Participant

Yes, it is some good stuff the docs are doing!

Have a safe flight to the mainland! If my scan goes well today I'll be back up to the city for my infusion on Monday πŸ™‚

jennunicorn
                  Participant

Have a safe flight to the mainland! If my scan goes well today I'll be back up to the city for my infusion on Monday πŸ™‚

Polymath
                    Participant

I'll be back on Monday as well.  If someone comes up to you and say's aloha, that would be me.

Either way, best wishes for positive results on the scan.  I dealt with a very serious shortness of breath issue on the ipi/nivo combo and that drowning sensation is really scary.  Get well soon.

Gary

Polymath
                      Participant

I'll be back on Monday as well.  If someone comes up to you and say's aloha, that would be me.

Either way, best wishes for positive results on the scan.  I dealt with a very serious shortness of breath issue on the ipi/nivo combo and that drowning sensation is really scary.  Get well soon.

Gary

jennunicorn
                        Participant

Thanks Gary, this feeling is really not fun but it has improved over the past couple of days so I am hopeful.

Have you ever eaten at the vietnamese restaurant accross the street on Divisidero, My Father's Kitchen? It's my new favorite, the pho is really good! Highly recommend checking it out if you haven't been.

Hope all of your appointments go well πŸ™‚

jennunicorn
                          Participant

Thanks Gary, this feeling is really not fun but it has improved over the past couple of days so I am hopeful.

Have you ever eaten at the vietnamese restaurant accross the street on Divisidero, My Father's Kitchen? It's my new favorite, the pho is really good! Highly recommend checking it out if you haven't been.

jennunicorn
                            Participant

Polymath
                              Participant

Gary

jennunicorn
                                Participant

Polymath
                                Participant

Hi Jenn,

Wow, this is huge!  So glad I am being treated at UCSF as you are, although my "drive" is a bit longer  πŸ™‚

If they can harness these cells, perhaps in a similar way to ACT (Josh, glad you will still get a shot at that) this could be as close to the silver bullet as we've come.  As a non or only partial responder to ipi/nivo/pembro I'll be first to sign up for a chance to propogate these cells.  Have a good day and my turn is on Friday.

Gary

Polymath
                                  Participant

Hi Jenn,

Gary

Bubbles
                                    Participant

I published this abstract from ASCO 2016 back in June and suspect that it is that article upon which the additional investigation is based if you are interested:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/06/asco-2016-measuring-t-cell-exhaution-to.html

Pretty cool stuff.  Celeste

Bubbles
                                      Participant

I published this abstract from ASCO 2016 back in June and suspect that it is that article upon which the additional investigation is based if you are interested:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/06/asco-2016-measuring-t-cell-exhaution-to.html

jennunicorn
                                          Participant

Awesome, thanks Celeste!

jennunicorn
                                            Participant

Awesome, thanks Celeste!

jennunicorn
                                              Participant

Awesome, thanks Celeste!

Bubbles
                                              Participant

keepthefaith11
                                                Participant
                                                  Jenn, when do you get results back on the scan?
                                                  My dad just got results from the latest body scan (not head yet). No further spread so far.

Let us know as soon as you hear.

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                  Participant
                                                    My dad just got results from the latest body scan (not head yet). No further spread so far.

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                    Participant

Annie

jennunicorn
                                                        Participant

Scan looked good. Nodules that showed up on last scan in June are still there but no change. And no signs of pneumonitis or anything serious. So, I just have a bad chest cold and need to rest up. 

Glad your dad's scan showed no further spread, good news today πŸ™‚

jennunicorn
                                                          Participant

Scan looked good. Nodules that showed up on last scan in June are still there but no change. And no signs of pneumonitis or anything serious. So, I just have a bad chest cold and need to rest up. 

Polymath
                                                            Participant

Yea!  Good news Jenn.  Glad to hear this won't effect your treatment plans. Hey, thanks for the tip on Vietnamese Restaurant.  But be forewarned, not only do we have a Pho shop on every corner here, my wife is Vietnamese, and cooks up a mighty fine batch, from scratch, so I am pretty spoiled.  What we don't have here is authentic old-style deli shops like the one on the corner.  

Gary

Polymath
                                                              Participant

Yea!  Good news Jenn.  Glad to hear this won't effect your treatment plans. Hey, thanks for the tip on Vietnamese Restaurant.  But be forewarned, not only do we have a Pho shop on every corner here, my wife is Vietnamese, and cooks up a mighty fine batch, from scratch, so I am pretty spoiled.  What we don't have here is authentic old-style deli shops like the one on the corner.  

Gary

Polymath
                                                                Participant

Gary

jennunicorn
                                                                  Participant

Oh my you are one lucky man! Vietnamese is one of my favorite cuisines!

Yes the deli is great, I stop there on the mornings of infusions for a bagel and sometimes go there afterward to take a sandwich to go! Maybe I'll run into you on Monday then πŸ™‚

jennunicorn
                                                                    Participant

Yes the deli is great, I stop there on the mornings of infusions for a bagel and sometimes go there afterward to take a sandwich to go! Maybe I'll run into you on Monday then πŸ™‚

jennunicorn
                                                                      Participant

keepthefaith11
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Fabulous news Jenn! So happy to hear!!
                                                                          jennunicorn
                                                                          Participant

Thank you Annie πŸ™‚

jennunicorn
                                                                            Participant

Thank you Annie πŸ™‚

jennunicorn
                                                                              Participant

Thank you Annie πŸ™‚

keepthefaith11
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  keepthefaith11
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Maria C
                                                                                    Participant

Thrilled for you Jenn! Clean CT scans are always a cause for celebration. And so glad you don't have to mess with pneumonitis. Good news all around!!

jennunicorn
                                                                                      Participant

Thanks Maria!

jennunicorn
                                                                                        Participant

Thanks Maria!

jennunicorn
                                                                                          Participant

Thanks Maria!

Maria C
                                                                                            Participant

Thrilled for you Jenn! Clean CT scans are always a cause for celebration. And so glad you don't have to mess with pneumonitis. Good news all around!!

Maria C
                                                                                              Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics