The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Imaging question ?

Forums General Melanoma Community Imaging question ?

Participant
      Hi everyone ! I wanted to ask how often does your oncologist order imaging tests ?

I am stage IV and I had a scheduled imaging test at 4 months after keytruda treatment. But my extraordinary luck strikes again and 3 days before I get a notice that I am a close contact of a covid patient. Fast forward 10 days later, I get a pcr and it’s positive, which means another 14 days of isolation. Now the next available appointment is 5.5 months after starting immunotherapy.

Is it too late to have a test 5.5 months later ? Gow often do other oncologists order them ?

Thank you in advance and I wish everyone good health !!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Threefitty
        Participant
          I think 4 months is normal. Another 1.5 months, from my understanding, is not usually going to be meaningful as a potential delay to return to treatment.

Still, you don’t want these things to happen.

Most important is to ensure against another set-back. US Insurance authorization can expire unnoticed by the provider, until day of service and it’s expired, for example. Be loud with the offices setting this up/confirming.

(thought)

Edwin
          Participant
            I was scheduled for a PET scan in August 2021. Because I was exposed to a person who tested positive for covid, my PET scan was postponed for 2 weeks. It showed that I was still NED.

I now normally have PET scans every 6 months. I would have had a PET scan in early March, but I will be traveling in March and April. So, my next PET scan will be in early May. That will be 8 months between PET scans.

Daisy2018
            Participant
              It doesn’t seem you have a choice in this situation unfortunately.
              Symptoms wise, are you feeling ok? Pain, etc.
              if you do it’s a good sign. Again, there is not much you can do anyway to do imagining sooner. Although when I schedule my scans I start calling closest hospital and go father and farther if needed. Other hospitals in the same system might have appointments sooner.
              ThinkingPositive
              Participant
                Hi, I was on Keytruda for stage 4, and my scans were at 5 months, 10 months , and 17 months. NED since the 10 month mark.
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics