The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I’m still NED! Treatment Stopped!

Forums General Melanoma Community I’m still NED! Treatment Stopped!

Participant
      In a nutshell, diagnosed 4/17, 3 treatments of Opdivo/Yervoy starting May 2016. Then stopped due to high liver numbers.

Jan 2017 to Jan 2019 every 2 weeks Opdivo infusions with Petscans every 3 months, bloodwork every 2 weeks. Newest Petscan
      showed still no tumors. So Dr stopped Opdivo. He said that I am one of 3 of his patients that hit the 2 year mark NED. I also
      met another patient at Kaiser with a different doctor that is also NED and treatments stopped. We were all Stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma.
      PTL!
      So now I might be around awhile I need to start dealing with cholesterol, and normal regular life stuff. Arthritis.
      Before it was “why buy new shoes, I won’t be here next year to wear them?”
      I would like to thank other patients for all your support and advise. Bubbles, Ed Williams, the two Jenny’s and others.
      I still have to take 125 of thyroid meds daily and have fatigue. A little brain fatigue. But I’ve had 5 brain MRI’s in the 3 years, and very high doses of
      Prednisone for 4 months to bring my liver numbers in balance.e before starting the opdivo maintenance.
      Sharon, Simi Valley, CA
      Dr. Wang, Kaiser, Woodland Hills, CA

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sharon93065
        Participant
          It started out looking like lunch cancer, tumors in chest, armpit, groin, lump on back etc.
          There is hope!
            JudiAU
            Participant
              Oh that is so wonderful— buy the shoes!
              jbronicki
              Participant
                That is wonderful news, we will always celebrate NED around here! I agree with Judi, it is shoe shopping time. Congratulations, Jackie
              Bubbles
              Participant
                Congratulations, Sharon! That is wonderful news!

I understand the difficulty “looking forward” or dealing with mundane health “care” when dealing with melanoma!!! Here are a couple of posts you may find in accord with your sentiments ~

This one from September 2010, when I was post SRS to a brain met and s/p surgical removal of the right upper lobe of my lung which both took place in April – but with NO access to any other treatment as I did not find my phase 1 nivo trial until December of that year: https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2010/09/looking-forward.html

This one is from 2016, 3 years after completing my trial and remaining NED for melanoma and deciding – yeah, well – I probably SHOULD check my lipids and such at a REGULAR doctor’s visit: https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=lipid

Good luck! Enjoy those shoes! celeste

MikeInAK
                Participant
                  That’s great news Sharon! One year of bi-weekly Opdivo treatments with blood tests day before was very wearing, I’m impressed you went through 2 years, good for you sticking with it!

Hope you find some awesome shoes!

MikeInAK
                  Participant
                    That’s great news Sharon! One year of bi-weekly Opdivo treatments with blood tests day before was very wearing, I’m impressed you went through 2 years, good for you sticking with it!

Hope you find some awesome shoes!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics