The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Im so tired

Forums General Melanoma Community Im so tired

Participant

I look at this site every day, searching for the NED stories, the hope, the peace.  Every turn theres something new.  Some days, like today I dont want to deal with it.  Sounds so selfish.  My husband is the one with stage IV.  This is his journey.  But some days its so much.

He finished 12 weeks of Opdivo on 4/19/16.  The side effects of the meds not only perisist, they seem to have increased.  His body is covered in bumps, his depression is horrible.  He's NOT  a spiritual man and goes to see a counselor….whos a christian counselor.  This didnt help him. 

Dr did more blood work and he's also stage II Kidney disease.  About to do another MRI on his brain since he is "foggy" all the time and dizzy. 

When does it end?  I just want to run away.

Sorry to vent. 

God bless everyone here.

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kimba67
        Participant

Annon,

You are a wonderful wife, a true fighter for your husband.  Of course you are tired, why wouldn't you be?  It's never easy watching someone you love suffer.  Vent on, my friend.  I don't have any magic words to give you that will fill your drained emotional bank, but I can say that you are in my prayers and thoughts. 

(((HUGS))) to you today, rest, if only for a moment.

Kimba67
          Participant

Annon,

You are a wonderful wife, a true fighter for your husband.  Of course you are tired, why wouldn't you be?  It's never easy watching someone you love suffer.  Vent on, my friend.  I don't have any magic words to give you that will fill your drained emotional bank, but I can say that you are in my prayers and thoughts. 

Kimba67
            Participant

Annon,

Patrisa
              Participant

Dear caregiver,

I totally understand your feelings (i am also a caregiver), but, remember, when the going gets tough, the tough get going!! I know we suffer tremendeously watching our loved ones suffer, BUT it is not about us, it is about them! We have to be strong and optimistic for them, otherwise how are they supposed to feel better and not feel like it's all over! Cause its not over till its over! People have been on the bottom and still managed to pull through, so please regroup and keep fighting!

I was in the worst place of my life 6 months ago, but i never let my father see or feel it! I just didn t want him to see me beeing scared,    I was a ray of f… Sunshine :-))

Fortunately, pembro was a miracle drug for him…

Your hubby has still a lot of other options and he must believe that one will work for him!

all best to you, will be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts! 

Love, 

Patrisa

Patrisa
                Participant

Dear caregiver,

I totally understand your feelings (i am also a caregiver), but, remember, when the going gets tough, the tough get going!! I know we suffer tremendeously watching our loved ones suffer, BUT it is not about us, it is about them! We have to be strong and optimistic for them, otherwise how are they supposed to feel better and not feel like it's all over! Cause its not over till its over! People have been on the bottom and still managed to pull through, so please regroup and keep fighting!

I was in the worst place of my life 6 months ago, but i never let my father see or feel it! I just didn t want him to see me beeing scared,    I was a ray of f… Sunshine :-))

Your hubby has still a lot of other options and he must believe that one will work for him!

Love, 

Patrisa

Patrisa
                  Participant

Dear caregiver,

Love, 

Patrisa

youngann
                    Participant

Please, please, continue to vent here. We may not always respond but, then again, perhaps you're not always looking for answers. You're safe here, you can say things that, if said in the 'real world', may get you an odd look. We will NEVER judge you here as, at one time or another, someone else here has had those same thoughts.

::Hugs::

Ann

youngann
                      Participant

Please, please, continue to vent here. We may not always respond but, then again, perhaps you're not always looking for answers. You're safe here, you can say things that, if said in the 'real world', may get you an odd look. We will NEVER judge you here as, at one time or another, someone else here has had those same thoughts.

Ann

youngann
                        Participant

Ann

Cathy M
                          Participant
                            Vent away!! We will listen. We will help you dear caregiver to not forget to take care of yourself too. You are a warrior in your own right battling beside your husband.
                            Cathy M
                            Participant
                              Vent away!! We will listen. We will help you dear caregiver to not forget to take care of yourself too. You are a warrior in your own right battling beside your husband.
                              Cathy M
                              Participant
                                blessd4x
                                Participant

Thank you everyone for your support!  i appreciate it and very much needed it!

R

blessd4x
                                  Participant

R

blessd4x
                                    Participant

R

DZnDef
                                      Participant

Do you have another family member who could be with your husband while you take a break?  I'm a big believer in strapping on your own oxygen mask before helping others.  You need to re-charge or you're no good to anybody.  Take a spa day.  Or even meet friends for a meal.  Your fun friends that make you laugh.  Just taking a break from the horror that is this disease will do wonders for you and will help you take better care of your husband.  We all need a pressure-release valve.

DZnDef
                                        Participant

Do you have another family member who could be with your husband while you take a break?  I'm a big believer in strapping on your own oxygen mask before helping others.  You need to re-charge or you're no good to anybody.  Take a spa day.  Or even meet friends for a meal.  Your fun friends that make you laugh.  Just taking a break from the horror that is this disease will do wonders for you and will help you take better care of your husband.  We all need a pressure-release valve.

DZnDef
                                          Participant

blessd4x
                                              Participant
                                                No. I have no one. Im an only. My mother is sick with stage 4 kidney disease. I have a daughter that is an addict another daughter that is bi polar and im pretty certain one day She’ll take her own life. I have to work. My work mates know some but not all of my drama. My only friend lives 5 states away. I can never get away. My thoughts are dark. Very.
                                                blessd4x
                                                Participant
                                                  No. I have no one. Im an only. My mother is sick with stage 4 kidney disease. I have a daughter that is an addict another daughter that is bi polar and im pretty certain one day She’ll take her own life. I have to work. My work mates know some but not all of my drama. My only friend lives 5 states away. I can never get away. My thoughts are dark. Very.
                                                  blessd4x
                                                  Participant
                                                  MoiraM
                                                  Participant

In the UK, I would say contact Macmillian Cancer Care. They are a charity offering support to cancer patients and their families. You just phone them, go to their website ot roll up at their stall at the hospital.

Does anyone know an equivalent in the US?

Like you, but for other reasons, ny family and friends support is thin on the ground. Professionals can be great. Maybe a counsellor that you can talk to regularly?

Or a support group. Are there any of those at the hospital you frequent?

MoiraM
                                                    Participant

In the UK, I would say contact Macmillian Cancer Care. They are a charity offering support to cancer patients and their families. You just phone them, go to their website ot roll up at their stall at the hospital.

Like you, but for other reasons, ny family and friends support is thin on the ground. Professionals can be great. Maybe a counsellor that you can talk to regularly?

blessd4x
                                                        Participant

Im in the US.  I just dont have the time for a counselor.  My counselor consists of my dog.  He listens. lol.  If Im not working, Im taking care of someone.  reaching the end of my rope.

blessd4x
                                                          Participant

Im in the US.  I just dont have the time for a counselor.  My counselor consists of my dog.  He listens. lol.  If Im not working, Im taking care of someone.  reaching the end of my rope.

Cathy M
                                                            Participant
                                                              Our pets can be our best friends. They are always willing to “lend an ear”. I’m sure your pet is a great support to you as mine is to me.
                                                              Cathy M
                                                              Participant
                                                                Our pets can be our best friends. They are always willing to “lend an ear”. I’m sure your pet is a great support to you as mine is to me.
                                                                Cathy M
                                                                Participant
                                                                  blessd4x
                                                                  Participant

MoiraM
                                                                  Participant

Cathy M
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      What about contacting a local Meals on Wheels or other organization like that to see if anyone qualifies for that service?? Might help you out if you didn’t have to worry about providing everyone a meal every day after you’ve worked all day long. Just a thought…
                                                                      Cathy M
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        What about contacting a local Meals on Wheels or other organization like that to see if anyone qualifies for that service?? Might help you out if you didn’t have to worry about providing everyone a meal every day after you’ve worked all day long. Just a thought…
                                                                        Cathy M
                                                                        Participant
                                                                      Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics