The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I’m gonna be rich I tell you…

Forums General Melanoma Community I’m gonna be rich I tell you…

Participant

Hello.
      My name is joy. i saw your profile today at (melanoma.org)and became
      intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an
      email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i
      am. 

So… all I have to do is give her a jingle in Senegal, and she will deposit 6 million in my bank account… Anyone else want in???

Hello.
      My name is joy. i saw your profile today at (melanoma.org)and became
      intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an
      email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i
      am. 

So… all I have to do is give her a jingle in Senegal, and she will deposit 6 million in my bank account… Anyone else want in???

I feel so lucky to have been saught out by this person, especially through MRF?  Of course this email is a hoax, but it was odd that she used melanoma.org as reference to how she got my email.  Maybe…. MRF wants me to have this woman deposit the six million smackers into my acct. then I will donate the money to them….. I'm onto you MRF… ha,

yoop

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

Not if I beat you to it. I guess the race is on.

I also received this from Joy. Imagine my surprise!

LV
          Participant

Not if I beat you to it. I guess the race is on.

I also received this from Joy. Imagine my surprise!

Jerry from Cape Cod
            Participant

NO JOY FOR ME!

I'm heartbroken *pout*

jerry

Jerry from Cape Cod
              Participant

NO JOY FOR ME!

I'm heartbroken *pout*

jerry

BonnieLea
                Participant

OH OH OH  I recieved one too from dear generous Joy! alas…… Poor Jerry you did NOT get a little note from her?

wide spread,  up here in Can-an-a-dah eh?  

Mr. Yoop  if I could post on this site I would show you yes I did infact get a patch, it was a horrid black thing.   but my sister crocheted a 'fish shaped' thing of pink, white, and I think another colour.  One would wear it with the tail of the fish plopping on my right cheek.  My dotter FORBID me to wear it. 

Needless to say I had plenty of gross looks given to me at the performance, but what a trip when the bright spot lights came on, and the wee pocket (for depositing meds) got a flash….whoooooooooooo!

My dotter (albeit not 8)  and I always take shots of what ever it is I have done.  Brain shots, eye shots, even a series of shots removing a huge non malignant lump from my back.  Doctor was quite impressed hahah.

I had a spot of trouble with my Mac and the hard drive (or so they said) went bad, and I lost many many of my photos, I have yet to find them. 

I hope you soon can jig about merrily.

Bonnie 

Oh ya, John is prob busy 4 wheeling around with his wife.

BonnieLea
                  Participant

OH OH OH  I recieved one too from dear generous Joy! alas…… Poor Jerry you did NOT get a little note from her?

wide spread,  up here in Can-an-a-dah eh?  

Mr. Yoop  if I could post on this site I would show you yes I did infact get a patch, it was a horrid black thing.   but my sister crocheted a 'fish shaped' thing of pink, white, and I think another colour.  One would wear it with the tail of the fish plopping on my right cheek.  My dotter FORBID me to wear it. 

Needless to say I had plenty of gross looks given to me at the performance, but what a trip when the bright spot lights came on, and the wee pocket (for depositing meds) got a flash….whoooooooooooo!

My dotter (albeit not 8)  and I always take shots of what ever it is I have done.  Brain shots, eye shots, even a series of shots removing a huge non malignant lump from my back.  Doctor was quite impressed hahah.

I had a spot of trouble with my Mac and the hard drive (or so they said) went bad, and I lost many many of my photos, I have yet to find them. 

I hope you soon can jig about merrily.

Bonnie 

Oh ya, John is prob busy 4 wheeling around with his wife.

BarbieGirl
                    Participant

I got this too, at my regular email addy instead of my hotmail addy.  It didn't mention anything about money.  Did you email him/her and then find out it was like those Nigerian 'mugu' scams?

I followed a place online  years ago, and the creator liked to mess with their heads.   A few times, he got THEM to send HIM money (for shipping a picture or a bank account #, because 'he didn't like to put his accounts online, but he WOULD send it via mail".  LOL!  Lots of times, he'd get the people to send more papers, more pictures, more whatever, and THEY would end up being out money for postage.   Shoot, wish I remember what the name of the site was; it was quite entertaining! lol!!   I wouldn't reccommend baiting a scammer—the page listed a few people who had gone so far with their emails, the scammer actually came to the U.S.  It COULD end up being dangerous.  But like I said, sure was fun to read about all that stuff!

So how is 9-toes doing, anyhoo??  Hope you're healing well and getting used to being without that baby-toe. 

BarbieGirl
                      Participant

I got this too, at my regular email addy instead of my hotmail addy.  It didn't mention anything about money.  Did you email him/her and then find out it was like those Nigerian 'mugu' scams?

I followed a place online  years ago, and the creator liked to mess with their heads.   A few times, he got THEM to send HIM money (for shipping a picture or a bank account #, because 'he didn't like to put his accounts online, but he WOULD send it via mail".  LOL!  Lots of times, he'd get the people to send more papers, more pictures, more whatever, and THEY would end up being out money for postage.   Shoot, wish I remember what the name of the site was; it was quite entertaining! lol!!   I wouldn't reccommend baiting a scammer—the page listed a few people who had gone so far with their emails, the scammer actually came to the U.S.  It COULD end up being dangerous.  But like I said, sure was fun to read about all that stuff!

So how is 9-toes doing, anyhoo??  Hope you're healing well and getting used to being without that baby-toe. 

jag
                        Participant

What gives?

I'm in the same pool as Jerry I guess.

I have no Joy in my life, sniff.

jag
                          Participant

What gives?

I'm in the same pool as Jerry I guess.

I have no Joy in my life, sniff.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics