The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IL-8 failed at the first hurdle

Forums General Melanoma Community IL-8 failed at the first hurdle

Participant

HI all

So that was short lived, I've been dropped from the IL-8 trial before it even started as I don't have enough IL-8 in my blood, therefore nothing to block. I suppose that's good news, I can cross IL-8 off my list of genetic defects.

So I'm back to looking for other options after Ipi/nivo followed by 2yrs of Opdivo and being borderline stable, I might just wait on the POG results due before the end of the month, back to searching clinical trial options.

I've heard they may be opening a NKTR-214 / Opdivo phase II trial in Vancouver, might look into that.

keep up the fight

Tony

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Here are two links by Oncologist from MD Anderson explaining NKTR-214 trial and how NKTR-214 (pegelated IL2) works in helping get t-cells into micro environment so Pd-1 drug in this case Nivo can then go to town on blocking PD-L1 on tumor allowing t-cell to then attack melanoma tumor.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvyPL5W9ZTA#.                   

mrsaxde
          Participant

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't make the trial. Although from what I've read, it's a double edged sword because elevated IL-8 corresponds to poor prognosis. Hopefully you can get into the other trial you mentioned.

I haven't even gotten to the screening process yet because my brain won't behave. So my doc put me on Temodar for at least a couple of cycles until I can get more radiation and hopefully get things stabilized in my tête.

Good luck man. I'll be thinking of you!

-Bill

MarkR
              Participant

Hi Tony

really sorry to hear this news as it looks a good trial.  Hopefully there are some other options available for you to try

Best Wishes

Mark

GeoTony
                Participant

Whoops, that was meant to go to Bill,

Thanks for the thoughts Mark, I'm going to wait for the POG results due by the end of March and go from there, it's actually nice not having to plan life around infusions for a few weeks at least

Tony

GeoTony
                  Participant

And good luck to you as well Bill, it's certainly a fight

Bubbles
                  Participant

Well, SHISH kabob, Tony!!!  But…good?  Maybe???  Crazy cancer talk/dance/humor, huh?  For instance, I am happy to report to any interested parties that I will NEVER have cancer in the right upper lobe of my lung, gall bladder, ovaries, appendix, lower 1/3 of my colon, right tonsil, or in three specific holey areas of my brain!!!  How come?  Cause I ain't got'em no mo!!!  Oh, well…..onwards and upwards!!!

I think the NKTR stuff sounds very promising.  Here's a post I put together last year if you are interested:

https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2018/06/asco-2018-pivot-pivot-pivot-sorry.html  

Hang in there.  I wish you my best.  Celeste

GeoTony
                      Participant

Plenty of cancer humour here, got told off by a good friend recently for joking about curing Melanoma, but killing the patient in the process, it can be quite humorous in the infusion room at times.

I was aware you'd been through the wars, but until you listed all the MIA bits in one post, wasn't aware that you'd lost more than a fair pound of flesh, but still fighting strong and an inspiration to all.

Thanks for the NKTR post, I'm now waiting for my POG results, due by the end the month, it's nice to not be infused every other week and hopefully I might have a guided option, or just back to grabbing everything that's offered.

Tony

cjm22
                      Participant

sorry to hear this Tony 🙁 But our onc is fearless and she will figure something else that works for you!!

GeoTony
                          Participant

Hi guys

I'm sure she will, I'm expecting the call to be savaged anytime soon, hope you guys are good and I'll catch you in an infusion room sometime soon.

Tony

Viewing 3 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics