The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IL-12 (new) and pembrolizumab, could be an interesting clinical trial….

Forums General Melanoma Community IL-12 (new) and pembrolizumab, could be an interesting clinical trial….

• Replies
      arthurjedi007
      Participant

Sounds interesting. It really makes sense to have a medicine (ie: IL 12) that creates the antibody and stuff cells. Then pd1 to make use of those cells. Granted if I understand it right cause most of this stuff goes over my head.

I can only find the IL12 phase 2 solo trial though NCT01502293. Not sure what the one is that adds keytruda pd1.

Artie

arthurjedi007
        Participant

Sounds interesting. It really makes sense to have a medicine (ie: IL 12) that creates the antibody and stuff cells. Then pd1 to make use of those cells. Granted if I understand it right cause most of this stuff goes over my head.

I can only find the IL12 phase 2 solo trial though NCT01502293. Not sure what the one is that adds keytruda pd1.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

Artie

JustMeInCA
            Participant

Dr. Algazi, the one leading the study at UCSF, is one of my dad's doctors. He told me about it a couple months ago and is really excited. I actually thought it might have started already since he had said something about the end of the year.

Interestingly enough, he had said that if Dad doesn't seem to respond to Keytruda alone, this might be a possibility for him. I haven't seen any of the selection criteria, and Dr. Algazi might not have either at that point, but it would be interesting if they accepted people who might have had at least a partial response on Keytruda. It does seem like participants would need to be PD-L1 positive from what the article says. 

I'll be seeing Dr. Algazi in a few hours, so I'll try to remember to ask him about this. 

JustMeInCA
              Participant

Dr. Algazi, the one leading the study at UCSF, is one of my dad's doctors. He told me about it a couple months ago and is really excited. I actually thought it might have started already since he had said something about the end of the year.

Interestingly enough, he had said that if Dad doesn't seem to respond to Keytruda alone, this might be a possibility for him. I haven't seen any of the selection criteria, and Dr. Algazi might not have either at that point, but it would be interesting if they accepted people who might have had at least a partial response on Keytruda. It does seem like participants would need to be PD-L1 positive from what the article says. 

I'll be seeing Dr. Algazi in a few hours, so I'll try to remember to ask him about this. 

JustMeInCA
                Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics