The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

If anybody is planning a European vacation,

Forums General Melanoma Community If anybody is planning a European vacation,

• Replies
      MarieM
      Participant

I'm not supposed to be here. The Hamster Hotel is not worthy of a response. I know your crainiotomy was traumatic and I don't mean to minimize it. BUT…enough is enough. Take this picture down please and replace it with you boldly and defiantly wearing your bald head with scars..prefarably lifting weights. I can't look at it anymore. You are dramatizing.

Fondly, (I think) Nurse Ratchet

jag
          Participant

you do realize I will very likely replace it with something worse? or was that your intention in the first place?  Halloween is coming up.

jag
            Participant

you do realize I will very likely replace it with something worse? or was that your intention in the first place?  Halloween is coming up.

MarieM
            Participant

I'm not supposed to be here. The Hamster Hotel is not worthy of a response. I know your crainiotomy was traumatic and I don't mean to minimize it. BUT…enough is enough. Take this picture down please and replace it with you boldly and defiantly wearing your bald head with scars..prefarably lifting weights. I can't look at it anymore. You are dramatizing.

Fondly, (I think) Nurse Ratchet

Kimmer
              Participant

Did you read the one comment about the lovely hotel…regarding Richard Gere?

You make me laugh 'cos I never have any idea what to expect.  I like your pic.  You look defiant a-plenty and pretty much bemused by the whole head cracking affair.

But bald headed guys with biggo craniotomy scars are kinda cute. 

Happy Halloween!

K.

jag
                  Participant

Well, I was baldy, but my hair tends to grow back pretty quick.  Had to pay for a barber just this week.  No telling what is underneath that bandage.  As for the pic, it isn't for sympathy, it is a reminder of where I came from.  If I wanted sympathy, I would move back home and have mom cook for me and do my laundry.

Kimmer
                    Participant

Nope.  Sure know that you didn't want any sympathy.  Son of mine likes his hair pretty short and finds it funny when a new person cuts his hair and sees his giant head scar.  It isn't long before the hair covers it up.

Lucky you to have a nice wife to help out.  Hopefully, Son of Mine will find someone as caring some day… 

Keep up the good work.

K.

jag
                      Participant

Honestly, what was going through my head on that day, when is my next shot of morphine due? and "is this my personal version of ground hog's day"?, am I really alive? 

jag
                        Participant

Honestly, what was going through my head on that day, when is my next shot of morphine due? and "is this my personal version of ground hog's day"?, am I really alive? 

Kimmer
                          Participant

Nope.  Sure know that you didn't want any sympathy.  Son of mine likes his hair pretty short and finds it funny when a new person cuts his hair and sees his giant head scar.  It isn't long before the hair covers it up.

Lucky you to have a nice wife to help out.  Hopefully, Son of Mine will find someone as caring some day… 

Keep up the good work.

K.

jag
                            Participant

Well, I was baldy, but my hair tends to grow back pretty quick.  Had to pay for a barber just this week.  No telling what is underneath that bandage.  As for the pic, it isn't for sympathy, it is a reminder of where I came from.  If I wanted sympathy, I would move back home and have mom cook for me and do my laundry.

Kimmer
                            Participant

Did you read the one comment about the lovely hotel…regarding Richard Gere?

You make me laugh 'cos I never have any idea what to expect.  I like your pic.  You look defiant a-plenty and pretty much bemused by the whole head cracking affair.

But bald headed guys with biggo craniotomy scars are kinda cute. 

Happy Halloween!

K.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics