The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I quit

Participant

I am done and no more.

No Cheers

Charlie S

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Ok, Charlie! Don't make Miss Pissivity come after your bootie! I am going to assume you have finished your psycho bags…and GOOD FOR YOU! And if you have no cheers, we understand, but we will have them for you! Rest. Chill'ax. We all need a team to fight for us when we are too tired. So we are gonna keep on. Let us know when your ready to roar again. Much love, Ms P

Bubbles
          Participant

Ok, Charlie! Don't make Miss Pissivity come after your bootie! I am going to assume you have finished your psycho bags…and GOOD FOR YOU! And if you have no cheers, we understand, but we will have them for you! Rest. Chill'ax. We all need a team to fight for us when we are too tired. So we are gonna keep on. Let us know when your ready to roar again. Much love, Ms P

Bubbles
            Participant

JoshF
              Participant

No way Charlie…not you! I'm with Bubbles on this…take a break and get back to it! Bubble gum and kicking ass…all out of bubble gum!!!

Josh

JoshF
                Participant

No way Charlie…not you! I'm with Bubbles on this…take a break and get back to it! Bubble gum and kicking ass…all out of bubble gum!!!

Josh

JoshF
                  Participant

Josh

Rita and Charles
                    Participant

My husband's name is Charles, I read him your posts to PUSH Him – fight. We are not as long in the journey you have traveled…..we are at the tip of trail………..do you remember the Indian in "one flew over the cuckoo's nest?", either the book or the movie with Jack Nicholson?  He roared and ripped a huge piece of equipment up and threw it out the window to escape………for some reason that is how I picture you, Roar, Rest……but don't silence the roar. I wish I could offer you some solace……..rest, rejuv then return.  It's not time to be lights out yet, there are still a million jackass doctors to tell off.

Rita

Rita and Charles
                      Participant

My husband's name is Charles, I read him your posts to PUSH Him – fight. We are not as long in the journey you have traveled…..we are at the tip of trail………..do you remember the Indian in "one flew over the cuckoo's nest?", either the book or the movie with Jack Nicholson?  He roared and ripped a huge piece of equipment up and threw it out the window to escape………for some reason that is how I picture you, Roar, Rest……but don't silence the roar. I wish I could offer you some solace……..rest, rejuv then return.  It's not time to be lights out yet, there are still a million jackass doctors to tell off.

Rita

Rita and Charles
                        Participant

Rita

stars
                          Participant

Rest. Regroup. Retry.

Don't give up my friend.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/petergabriel/dontgiveup.html

stars
                            Participant

Rest. Regroup. Retry.

Don't give up my friend.

stars
                              Participant

Rest. Regroup. Retry.

Don't give up my friend.

stars
                                  Participant

Meant to post video, not lyrics!

stars
                                    Participant

stars
                                      Participant

Kimba67
                                      Participant

Oh Charlie,

Sounds like the beginning of a perfume commercial, don't you think?  I don't know you, you don't know me…but I have read your posts and we are kindred spirits *smiles*.

If you are reading this, you have survived your entire life up until this point.

You have survived traumas, heartbreak, devistation, the military (THank you for your service, btw) and other different phases of life.

AND HERE YOU ARE!  You go, Bad ass, you're awesome and an inspiration to this newby….(mostly because the Grilled rib story sounded like something I would do)…HUGS my friend!

Kimba67
                                        Participant

Oh Charlie,

Sounds like the beginning of a perfume commercial, don't you think?  I don't know you, you don't know me…but I have read your posts and we are kindred spirits *smiles*.

If you are reading this, you have survived your entire life up until this point.

You have survived traumas, heartbreak, devistation, the military (THank you for your service, btw) and other different phases of life.

AND HERE YOU ARE!  You go, Bad ass, you're awesome and an inspiration to this newby….(mostly because the Grilled rib story sounded like something I would do)…HUGS my friend!

Kimba67
                                          Participant

Oh Charlie,

sister of patient
                                            Participant

Hi Charlie,

I don't know you either but I am one of your "new readers."  I just want you to know how inspiring and empowering your posts truly are. You give me courage. Whatever decisions you are making for yourself right now, no doubt the warrior is in command. All best thoughts I can send are heading at you!

Barb

vivian
                                                Participant

Hey Charlie,

I am not sure exactly what your post means. I am hoping it is that you have finished your treatment regimen, but whatever, please know your long fight has inspired all of us. We have your back, salute your bravery, and trust in your decision making.

Peace and light,

Lear

vivian
                                                  Participant

Hey Charlie,

I am not sure exactly what your post means. I am hoping it is that you have finished your treatment regimen, but whatever, please know your long fight has inspired all of us. We have your back, salute your bravery, and trust in your decision making.

Peace and light,

Lear

vivian
                                                    Participant

Hey Charlie,

Peace and light,

Lear

vivian
                                                      Participant

Hey Charlie,

Peace and light,

Lear

vivian
                                                        Participant

Hey Charlie,

Peace and light,

Lear

vivian
                                                          Participant

Hey Charlie,

Peace and light,

Lear

sister of patient
                                                          Participant

Hi Charlie,

I don't know you either but I am one of your "new readers."  I just want you to know how inspiring and empowering your posts truly are. You give me courage. Whatever decisions you are making for yourself right now, no doubt the warrior is in command. All best thoughts I can send are heading at you!

Barb

sister of patient
                                                            Participant

Hi Charlie,

Barb

Cathy M
                                                              Participant
                                                                I quit…your strength behind those 2 words gives us the power to be here for you. We’ll support you and lift you up. Strength and peace to you warrior.
                                                                Cathy M
                                                                Participant
                                                                  I quit…your strength behind those 2 words gives us the power to be here for you. We’ll support you and lift you up. Strength and peace to you warrior.
                                                                  Cathy M
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Rita and Charles
                                                                    Participant

I am getting a little frantic…………..it's amazing how this has started to un-nerve me.  Please expound…………..

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                                                      Participant

I am getting a little frantic…………..it's amazing how this has started to un-nerve me.  Please expound…………..

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                                                        Participant

Rita

DebbieH
                                                                          Participant

Hi there old friend.  Well I know one thing for sure – if you say you're done then you're really done!  I don't know anyone on here who has fought longer or harder or who came up with their own unique treatment plans like you have.  You've surely done it "your way" Charlie, from being our chat room bartender for years and making us laugh to the time you just left the hospital with your clothes laid out on the exam table. 

I don't know if you'll be checking in here or not but just know I always think of you with a smile.  And, I will ALWAYS think of you anytime I hear the song "I did it my way". 

Cheers – DebbieH

DebbieH
                                                                            Participant

Hi there old friend.  Well I know one thing for sure – if you say you're done then you're really done!  I don't know anyone on here who has fought longer or harder or who came up with their own unique treatment plans like you have.  You've surely done it "your way" Charlie, from being our chat room bartender for years and making us laugh to the time you just left the hospital with your clothes laid out on the exam table. 

I don't know if you'll be checking in here or not but just know I always think of you with a smile.  And, I will ALWAYS think of you anytime I hear the song "I did it my way". 

Cheers – DebbieH

DebbieH
                                                                              Participant

Cheers – DebbieH

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics