The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I keep getting logged off!

Forums General Melanoma Community I keep getting logged off!

Participant

A couple days ago there was a big red warning box at the BB.  Said something about information being compromised and I had to log in again.  I did that but now every time I leave the board and come back I have to log in again.  I click the "keep me logged in" box, but it doesn't help.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong or what is happening?  

thanks

fen

A couple days ago there was a big red warning box at the BB.  Said something about information being compromised and I had to log in again.  I did that but now every time I leave the board and come back I have to log in again.  I click the "keep me logged in" box, but it doesn't help.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong or what is happening?  

thanks

fen

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jerry from Cape Cod
        Participant

I'm having the same problem.  Thought it was only me. 

Jerry from Cape Cod

washoegal
            Participant

Same problem.  I got the red box too.  Often times my email address appears instead of my "pen name".  Minor inconvenience, but I'm sure it shouldn't be happening.

Fen
              Participant

I just had to do it again!  To log in I have to go back to the email from the mrf, copy my password (45 letters long :)) and then come back to the BB and log in.   I must be a cranky so and so because I see it as more than a minor inconvenience.

Fen
                Participant

I just had to do it again!  To log in I have to go back to the email from the mrf, copy my password (45 letters long :)) and then come back to the BB and log in.   I must be a cranky so and so because I see it as more than a minor inconvenience.

washoegal
                  Participant

Same problem.  I got the red box too.  Often times my email address appears instead of my "pen name".  Minor inconvenience, but I'm sure it shouldn't be happening.

Jerry from Cape Cod
                  Participant

I'm having the same problem.  Thought it was only me. 

Jerry from Cape Cod

W.
                    Participant

I don't know why this happens, but one thing you guys could try is to delete all cookies.

(For example in Internet Explorer: Tools-> Internet Options->General->Delete cookies)

But be careful: this will log you out of ALL websites, including Facebook etc.

After having deleted the cookies, try to login again.

dian in spokane
                        Participant

well..I've tried deleting my cookies, clearing my cache, restarting my computer and doing my spy sweep..nada.

I still have to log in every time I open the site. I believe I'll revive this topic over on the off topic board and see if we can get a response from the web guys.

Fen..did you try the CONTACT us box on the left of the board? I might try that too.

dian

Fen
                          Participant

No, but I'll try it now.  It wouldn't be a problem if I were computer intelligent (or just intelligent) or if my password were something I could remember.  

Let me know if you find anything out.

Thanks!

dian in spokane
                            Participant

you might try requesting a new password. something easier to remember. I think of this as a relatively low risk site, since no credit cards are attached, so I use a password that is simple.

I'm going to check over on the otbb and see if maybe someone from the tech side of mrf has replied. Feel free to join me there where we can at least bitch and moan<g> it really is an off topic kind of topic.

dian

dian in spokane
                              Participant

you might try requesting a new password. something easier to remember. I think of this as a relatively low risk site, since no credit cards are attached, so I use a password that is simple.

I'm going to check over on the otbb and see if maybe someone from the tech side of mrf has replied. Feel free to join me there where we can at least bitch and moan<g> it really is an off topic kind of topic.

dian

Fen
                                Participant

No, but I'll try it now.  It wouldn't be a problem if I were computer intelligent (or just intelligent) or if my password were something I could remember.  

Let me know if you find anything out.

Thanks!

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

well..I've tried deleting my cookies, clearing my cache, restarting my computer and doing my spy sweep..nada.

I still have to log in every time I open the site. I believe I'll revive this topic over on the off topic board and see if we can get a response from the web guys.

Fen..did you try the CONTACT us box on the left of the board? I might try that too.

dian

W.
                                  Participant

I don't know why this happens, but one thing you guys could try is to delete all cookies.

(For example in Internet Explorer: Tools-> Internet Options->General->Delete cookies)

But be careful: this will log you out of ALL websites, including Facebook etc.

After having deleted the cookies, try to login again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics