The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I Hate Melanoma!

Forums General Melanoma Community I Hate Melanoma!

• Replies
      mom3girlsFL
      Participant

Hi there!

I am so happy to meet you, regardless of our unfortunate common ground!  I went to your site and although I have never liked the song "Hotel California", I've got to admit "Hotel Melanoma" was a huge hit for me!  Please don't stop blogging!!!  I have lurked, okay…stalked, this site for my 7 yrs NED stage 1 to my current stage IIIC and I am so encouraged by your journey.  It does help to connect with people who know what it's all about.

I am currently NED since november, but I have a PET coming up (will get scheduled on monday) so I am anxiously (biting off fingernails, overeating, consuming too much alcohol – oops, did I say that out loud??!!) until then.

Anyway, thanks again for posting!

Laurie

RMcLegal
          Participant

Laurie, thanks and best of luck to you on the upcoming PET scan.  We can all relate to your current state of "scanxiety"!  I'm going to try to keep up the blogging, but I'm hoping that this season of March Madness (2 checkups and a scan this month) won't provide me with any fresh material for posts.  I'd much rather continue to look back at the journey.  Hang in there and take care.  I believe that your humor and faith will help sustain you.  Rich

P.S. I was never that crazy about the "Hotel California" song either– which made it much easier for me to mangle it with new lyrics! 

RMcLegal
            Participant

Laurie, thanks and best of luck to you on the upcoming PET scan.  We can all relate to your current state of "scanxiety"!  I'm going to try to keep up the blogging, but I'm hoping that this season of March Madness (2 checkups and a scan this month) won't provide me with any fresh material for posts.  I'd much rather continue to look back at the journey.  Hang in there and take care.  I believe that your humor and faith will help sustain you.  Rich

P.S. I was never that crazy about the "Hotel California" song either– which made it much easier for me to mangle it with new lyrics! 

mom3girlsFL
            Participant

Hi there!

I am so happy to meet you, regardless of our unfortunate common ground!  I went to your site and although I have never liked the song "Hotel California", I've got to admit "Hotel Melanoma" was a huge hit for me!  Please don't stop blogging!!!  I have lurked, okay…stalked, this site for my 7 yrs NED stage 1 to my current stage IIIC and I am so encouraged by your journey.  It does help to connect with people who know what it's all about.

I am currently NED since november, but I have a PET coming up (will get scheduled on monday) so I am anxiously (biting off fingernails, overeating, consuming too much alcohol – oops, did I say that out loud??!!) until then.

Anyway, thanks again for posting!

Laurie

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics