The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I almost made it to work on time today

Forums General Melanoma Community I almost made it to work on time today

Participant

I am posting as anonymous b/c this story is gross and embarassing but I need to tell "somone!"  So I'm normally a half hour late for work every day due to herding my toddler to day care being much like herding cats to a bath. Well today she got up early on her own and didn't fight me on anything! She got dressed, ate her breakfast, and got in the car with no fighting! I thought, yes, this is going to be a great day! I will get to work on time, maybe even early!

I am posting as anonymous b/c this story is gross and embarassing but I need to tell "somone!"  So I'm normally a half hour late for work every day due to herding my toddler to day care being much like herding cats to a bath. Well today she got up early on her own and didn't fight me on anything! She got dressed, ate her breakfast, and got in the car with no fighting! I thought, yes, this is going to be a great day! I will get to work on time, maybe even early!

I currently have a really bad sinus infection and it makes me gag when it runs down the back of my throat. This is the gross part. After I drop munchkin off at daycare, I start gagging in my car. I'm driving down the road gagging into a napkin when all of a sudden I throw up in my car! It get on my pants and then I'm basically sitting in puke. Ugh, I was so grossed out but more so frustrated that I would not make it to work on time. I had to go home and change my pants and clean up my car. And then I strolled into work a half hour late, again. Sigh.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

Oh Dear AnnieNom  I am so sorry.  But I do know almost how you feel.  My DH is the same, only it happens to himm when exposed to shower steam every morning and its a slippy dash to the other room where the porcelain throne lives.  SIGH  my best idea, is keep spare set of clothes in your car.  And since you prob were early this time, a quick dash into the change room, at work, come out all ready to face the day.

But true to form, the day is now the same as every other day.  So Have a good day indeed! despite not wearing what you had planned.

Bonnie Lea
          Participant

Oh Dear AnnieNom  I am so sorry.  But I do know almost how you feel.  My DH is the same, only it happens to himm when exposed to shower steam every morning and its a slippy dash to the other room where the porcelain throne lives.  SIGH  my best idea, is keep spare set of clothes in your car.  And since you prob were early this time, a quick dash into the change room, at work, come out all ready to face the day.

But true to form, the day is now the same as every other day.  So Have a good day indeed! despite not wearing what you had planned.

jag
            Participant

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Ucky.

jag
              Participant

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Ucky.

BillMFl
                Participant

Hmmmm, my guess you have an allergic reaction to work. Almost getting there on time made you puke. Next time drive nude and dress in theparking lot after you puke. Where do you work?   haha

BillMFl
                  Participant

Hmmmm, my guess you have an allergic reaction to work. Almost getting there on time made you puke. Next time drive nude and dress in theparking lot after you puke. Where do you work?   haha

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics