The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

HyperAcute Melanoma Vaccine with PEG-Intron

Forums General Melanoma Community HyperAcute Melanoma Vaccine with PEG-Intron

Participant

Here is a link to the results of the HyperAcute Melanoma Vaccine with PEG-Intron trial at Ochsner Medical Center New Orleans. I completed twelve rounds of high dose interferon with vaccine in September of 2009. 

http://www.advocatehealth.com/documents/clinicalresearch/poster/2012researchposter006.pdf

Here is a link to the results of the HyperAcute Melanoma Vaccine with PEG-Intron trial at Ochsner Medical Center New Orleans. I completed twelve rounds of high dose interferon with vaccine in September of 2009. 

http://www.advocatehealth.com/documents/clinicalresearch/poster/2012researchposter006.pdf

I was Stage IIIB with a primary on my upper back. 2.5mm ulcerated nodular amelanotic, Level IV.  Had the usual wide excision in January 2009 and Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping. Unfortunately the Lymph drainage was traced to both sides of my neck. Sample nodes were removed from both sides in March 09 and a microcell found on the left side of my neck. A neck dissection in May 09 removed 26 additional nodes with no additional cancer found. I started the HyperAcute vaccine with Interferon in Jul 09.

The trial went well with the normal sickness from the mega doses of interferon but no issues from the vaccine.

I have been NED since 2009. The results show 11 of the 25 Stage III's and IV's still here. I developed vitiligo (a slight case on my arms) which apparently was a good sign.

I don't know if they are going to repeat the trial, or if anyone who frequents this forum has heard anything about it, but I wanted to share the published results that I found. For those of us who stay on top of all the treatment possibilities, it's an interesting read of using our own immune system to reject introduced melanoma cells marked or spliced with mouse genes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        DBOdom
        Participant
            ed williams
            Participant
              I wonder if this is what people living during the dark ages felt like when they had a chance to look back and reflect on history. Interferon what a toxic drug!!!!
            Bubbles
            Participant
              It is surreal to read of ones outcome in a clinical trial report isn’t it? Thanks for being a rattie and sharing your experience and update, DBO! Wishing you my best. Celeste
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics