The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Husband to start Braf soon

Forums General Melanoma Community Husband to start Braf soon

Participant

Had scans done last week brain, lung, spine and leptomeningeal show improvement , but tumor on rib has grown so the Dr wants to start Braf he also said he may reintroduce the ipi. We have use special pharmacy the insurance company works with to get the Braf so we are waiting.   Mickey has been unable to drive since starting the IL2 treatment for the spinal fluid so he spoke with Dr about this the Dr ordered a EEG and Mickey still can't drive.

Had scans done last week brain, lung, spine and leptomeningeal show improvement , but tumor on rib has grown so the Dr wants to start Braf he also said he may reintroduce the ipi. We have use special pharmacy the insurance company works with to get the Braf so we are waiting.   Mickey has been unable to drive since starting the IL2 treatment for the spinal fluid so he spoke with Dr about this the Dr ordered a EEG and Mickey still can't drive. He is bummed about the news but accepting.  His short term memory is off some, a word comes out wrong some and he can't drive because they are afraid he could have a seizure, but besides that he is doing good.  It has almost been a year since the pathology confirmed Stage 4 melanoma.  I feel very bless to have this time with my husband 🙂

Samantha

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Ali
        Participant

Samantha,  I just finished week 2 of IL2 and feel a little of how hard your year must have been.  I hope BRAF does the trick.  Best of luck,

Ali

Ali
          Participant

Samantha,  I just finished week 2 of IL2 and feel a little of how hard your year must have been.  I hope BRAF does the trick.  Best of luck,

Ali

Ali
            Participant

Ali

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics