The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Husband started new treatment yesterday, Tafinlar (dabrafenib) and Mekinist (trametinib) combo

Forums General Melanoma Community Husband started new treatment yesterday, Tafinlar (dabrafenib) and Mekinist (trametinib) combo

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hello all, I am fairly new to the site.  I have gained valuable information from all of you so thank you for taking the time to share your stories with others. My husband, Rudy, has been on Zelboraf since mid March 2013, after being diagnosed with Stage 4, with mets in his liver, the previous month.  His tumors have shrunk dramatically, so we are very happy with the results. The only problem he had was the with the severity of the side effects, which were so dibilitating that they reduced his dosage to 3 pills 2x a day and an every other week schedule.

Hello all, I am fairly new to the site.  I have gained valuable information from all of you so thank you for taking the time to share your stories with others. My husband, Rudy, has been on Zelboraf since mid March 2013, after being diagnosed with Stage 4, with mets in his liver, the previous month.  His tumors have shrunk dramatically, so we are very happy with the results. The only problem he had was the with the severity of the side effects, which were so dibilitating that they reduced his dosage to 3 pills 2x a day and an every other week schedule. His last visit to the oncologist a few days ago revealed that he was still responding positively. Despite the great results we opted for the new treatment because  his oncologist advised that the side effects are less severe, and the results better, so this is our hope.  I was wondering if any of you are on the combo and if so how are you doing?

Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted on my husbands progress! I am praying for all of you who are fighting this dreaded beast, you are true warriors, may the Lord be your strength through it all! God Bless you and yours.

Sincerely,

Gina (wife to Rudy)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics