The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

how many nivo/ipi treatments have you had and how do you feel

Forums General Melanoma Community how many nivo/ipi treatments have you had and how do you feel

Participant

I have had 5 combo doses and 27 nivo maintanance doses and would like to know how you feel if you have had around the same number. I have severe fatigue, salavi gland issues that come and go after each dose, joint soreness, still have the rash but no itching or burning, still on thyriod meds and have to take prescription potassium supplements and vitiligo that continues to slowly spread. My last 2 scans have been NED and my dr wants to continue treatment for 9 more months.which will make treatment total 2 years and 3 months.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Sharon93065
        Participant

You have 5 combo treatments? It's good you got to have that many. I thought usually 4 were scheduled, i only received 3 until liver panel was too high.  Then on Prednisone since August and finally off of it now that liver panel is in normal range.  Just had my first Opdivio yesterday.  From what I am reading the rashes might come back?  You have been on Opdivo for two years?  Is it every other week?  How strong? I am being started on 1mg to see how my body tolerates it.  I was on 1mg with the combo (with Yervoy .) 

Sharon

Hukill
            Participant

The fifth combo was a mistake between my oncologist and pharmacist with the oncologist being wrong. Started treatment in 06/2016 and started maintanance in 12/2017. 20 months total with 13 months just opdivo. My treatments are every 2 weeks. All my side effects started while on the combo and I still have all but 1 while on opdivo.

lindanat
            Participant

I did 4 combo and have been on Opdivo for 23 infusions. I too experience some itching, joint soreness and vitiligo. Also lost my thyroid and pituitary a year ago.  Sounds like we are on the same journey. My last two scans are almost clean and I’m continuing with infusions for at least another year.  The drug is working and I feel better than ever even with some of the minor side effects.  I feel so fortunate that Opdivo is working for me and helping me to be a survivor.  One thing that has helped with the muscle joint pain is medical cannabis cream (a medicated massage cream).  Good luck.  

Linda

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics