The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

how long i need stop Combo Braf/Mek to show progression in Pet/scan?

Forums General Melanoma Community how long i need stop Combo Braf/Mek to show progression in Pet/scan?

Participant

Hi folks,

Finally i have decided to stop with combo, i was talking with my doc about to start

Mek anti pd1, but the condition is to progress on ipi or braf inhibitors, then the only option i have is to stop taking pills before the next PetScan and show progression in it (now in NED)

Is a very tought decision but i dont have any other option if i want to avoid resistance and still keep these drugs with pottencial for the future.

I would be very gratefull any help from someone who has follow the same path

Juan

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        andy123
        Participant

Juan,

why not try 1 or 2 rounds of IPI since you are already NED ( as you made aware – at this year's asco they showed impressive results with adjuvant IPI , albeit with some toxicities).

if it works, great ( one of the anti-pd1 will anyway get approved by end of the year and you can go on to it later) and if it does not, it qualifies you for the anti-pd1.

It is  just a thought. 

andy123
          Participant

Juan,

why not try 1 or 2 rounds of IPI since you are already NED ( as you made aware – at this year's asco they showed impressive results with adjuvant IPI , albeit with some toxicities).

if it works, great ( one of the anti-pd1 will anyway get approved by end of the year and you can go on to it later) and if it does not, it qualifies you for the anti-pd1.

It is  just a thought. 

andy123
            Participant

Juan,

It is  just a thought. 

tcell
              Participant

I have just progressed on BRAF / Mek after five months, no dose reduction or any other action needed, just resistant now.

I have  a high tumor burden and will start Ipi now.

Juan, there is one thing I keep reading in your posts which I find quite astonishing.

Merck Anti-Pd1 EAP if this is what you are aiming at is also avilable here in Austria. As all patients in the US as well as other European xountries the condition here is to have faild BRAF / MEK if applicable AND to have failed Ipi. Now I am wondering why exactly in Spain these xonsitions should be different than anywhere else. What you are saying is that it is enough to have failed one of the two which does not seem logical to me at all.

just to say that I would really recommend you carefully recheck this information before relying on it.

all the best,

Chris

jualonso
                  Participant

http://www.groupgem.org/ensayos/2014/ensayos-clinicos-activos-en-espana/

Hi Chris,

Visit this web and download the file 

Estudios melanoma 26 mayo 2014 ipi

On page 41 you will be able to read in spanish, Mk3475 compassionate use and also 2 nd line, not 3 rd line, and post IPI OR POST BRAF INH. not and….

Anyway, i will check with my doc because for me is also very strange. It must a a mistake.

Juan

tcell
                    Participant

I think this is a good idea to recheck. If he is not sure let him contact Merck again directly for a writtentatement.

Imagine you base such important dicisions as about your treatment path on a translation mistake!

tcell
                      Participant

I think this is a good idea to recheck. If he is not sure let him contact Merck again directly for a writtentatement.

Imagine you base such important dicisions as about your treatment path on a translation mistake!

tcell
                        Participant

jualonso
                          Participant

Hi Chris,

On page 41 you will be able to read in spanish, Mk3475 compassionate use and also 2 nd line, not 3 rd line, and post IPI OR POST BRAF INH. not and….

Anyway, i will check with my doc because for me is also very strange. It must a a mistake.

Juan

jualonso
                            Participant

Hi Chris,

Juan

jualonso
                              Participant

Chris,

One question, did you feel that tumors are growing now faster than before taking Combo?

Thanks and good luck with Ipi, i hope reduce as much as possible your tumor burden

jualonso
                                Participant

Chris,

One question, did you feel that tumors are growing now faster than before taking Combo?

Thanks and good luck with Ipi, i hope reduce as much as possible your tumor burden

jualonso
                                  Participant

Chris,

tcell
                                    Participant

Couldn't tell really. I feel that what I have is generally a very aggressive and active type. I don't know how fast it had grown before as I don't know when it had started to grow but now my feeling is that it is certainly not slow.

tcell
                                      Participant

Couldn't tell really. I feel that what I have is generally a very aggressive and active type. I don't know how fast it had grown before as I don't know when it had started to grow but now my feeling is that it is certainly not slow.

tcell
                                        Participant

tcell
                                        Participant

I have just progressed on BRAF / Mek after five months, no dose reduction or any other action needed, just resistant now.

Juan, there is one thing I keep reading in your posts which I find quite astonishing.

Merck Anti-Pd1 EAP if this is what you are aiming at is also avilable here in Austria. As all patients in the US as well as other European xountries the condition here is to have faild BRAF / MEK if applicable AND to have failed Ipi. Now I am wondering why exactly in Spain these xonsitions should be different than anywhere else. What you are saying is that it is enough to have failed one of the two which does not seem logical to me at all.

just to say that I would really recommend you carefully recheck this information before relying on it.

all the best,

Chris

tcell
                                          Participant

all the best,

Chris

fortiz
                                            Participant
                                              Check the trial again, becouse I think than to stop the combo while you are NED is not the same than to have failed on it.
                                              fortiz
                                              Participant
                                                Check the trial again, becouse I think than to stop the combo while you are NED is not the same than to have failed on it.
                                                fortiz
                                                Participant
                                              Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics