The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

How long has the BRAF/MEK trial been going on?

Forums General Melanoma Community How long has the BRAF/MEK trial been going on?

I have heard that some are two years survivors at stage IV, on this trial. Others say the trial for this combo started in late 2010. Does anyone know?

I have heard that some are two years survivors at stage IV, on this trial. Others say the trial for this combo started in late 2010. Does anyone know?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Replies
      Tim–MRF

GSK opened a trial of BRAF/MEK in November 2009, but probably didn't recruit many people until early 2010.  I have not heard recently about how many early patients are still on the study.

Tim–MRF

ddevito1224
          Participant

My friend is in the GSK Braf/Mek trial for a little over a year and has heard that there are people still on it from the beginning. However, not sure if they are melanoma patients as trial combines several types of solid cancers.  They also have an arm of BRAF failure folks who moved over from that clinical trial once they reached disease progression…she is in that arm and still responding.

deardad
            Participant

Hi Im just interested to ask the arm of braf failure folks did they move onto the combination BRAF/MEK or just MEK? Thanks in advance.

Nahmi

deardad
              Participant

Hi Im just interested to ask the arm of braf failure folks did they move onto the combination BRAF/MEK or just MEK? Thanks in advance.

Nahmi

deardad
                Participant

Nahmi

ddevito1224
                  Participant

My friend is in the GSK Braf/Mek trial for a little over a year and has heard that there are people still on it from the beginning. However, not sure if they are melanoma patients as trial combines several types of solid cancers.  They also have an arm of BRAF failure folks who moved over from that clinical trial once they reached disease progression…she is in that arm and still responding.

ddevito1224
                    Participant

Thanks Tim, I am in it since December of 2010, and I continue to respond. I hope never to leave it.
                      Thanks Tim, I am in it since December of 2010, and I continue to respond. I hope never to leave it.
                    Tim–MRF

GSK opened a trial of BRAF/MEK in November 2009, but probably didn't recruit many people until early 2010.  I have not heard recently about how many early patients are still on the study.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Viewing 2 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics