The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

How long does ipi/nivo side effects last

Forums General Melanoma Community How long does ipi/nivo side effects last

Participant
      IPI/nivo users how long does it takes for the side effects to subside ? My mom had 3 infusions of ipi/nivo and after her third infusion she is been constantly having troubles vomiting, diarhea, extreme fatigue , nausea, GERD , rashes . She is on 30 mg prednisone and the nurse wants her to wean down. Its been 5 weeks and her fourth infusions was cancelled as they want her to feel better before giving fourth one. Her scans after the second infusion showed new lesions on the liver and the orginal liver lesions 4x the original size. She is feeling horrible with these symptoms and loosing her optimisim.
      what has been your experience with the length of side effects ?? How long does these lasts ? I am concerned there isnt something brewing up and the ipi/nivo is working for her. She is down to mostly liquid diet.

thank you for listening.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hukill
        Participant
          My last treatment was August 2018 and I still have 4 side effects.
            sks2019
            Participant
              thank you for responding. I thought the my post will get buried down. What type of side effects do you have ? Mom just came back from hospital after a colitis diagnosis. Vomiting and diarrhea and in general feeling of weakness and unwell has settled in. She is complelety dependent now.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics