The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

How are you doing, Artie?

Forums General Melanoma Community How are you doing, Artie?

Participant

Just checking up on you.   How is the swallowing?  Looking for an update…..Blessings.

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        CHD
        Participant

I have been wondering too.  Hoping things are improving!

CHD
          Participant

CHD
            Participant

arthurjedi007
              Participant

Thanks for asking. I'm doing ok I guess. I figured out I could stand up and eat with less swallowing and choking issues. Surprisingly the lumps along my throat seem like they are already gone. At least at the surface and I assume underneath. I do have one pain in my throat that might be a tumor or radiation burn. I dunno. Since it got worse with the radiation I'm assuming it is just burn. But that is amazing to see in the mirror and mom sees it too. The big one on my collar is smaller too. I haven't got all my weight back but I'm getting close. The big one in my shoulder seems less big. I haven't got much extra movement with the arm back yet but maybe as the radiation keeps working it will.

i had my first ambulance ride last Monday. I hope I don't have to again. I fell. Total waste of er time. Dad overheard the doc couldn't even do an X-ray until the next day. I got out of there and got my radiation. Apparently I didn't break anything. I'm able to walk with a cane ok.

got my 13th dose of pd1 too. First time I had it on same day as radiation. In past was always day before and after.

been in massive pain but really only when try to sit. They kept giving me more and stronger pain stuff. Nothing helped. Morphine every 2 hours was tearing me up big time. So I stopped that Friday. I'm going try to get off these two you have to come off of slow as soon as I can. I figured out all I needed was a way to keep pressure off my tailbone area. Thus lots of pillows and coccyx cushions seem to work pretty good for now. Apparently got something going on so they are radiating the t4 and t5 with high dose. Got 3 more to go.

was supposed to get 15 treatments to shoulder collar but they changed it to ten. So that is done.

got 5 more to right hip to go.

when I finally get a spot I can sleep the swallowing issues wake me up. So I'm not getting much sleep. Trying though. At least I can eat.

thanks for asking about me.

Artie

tschmith
                  Participant

I'm glad things are improving, Artie!  You certainly are strong.  I'll keep praying for you.  

All my best!

Terrie

tschmith
                    Participant

I'm glad things are improving, Artie!  You certainly are strong.  I'll keep praying for you.  

All my best!

Terrie

tschmith
                      Participant

All my best!

Terrie

Ninniditti
                        Participant

Hi Artie! I am also glad to hear from you. You seem to have a tough time and have had such a long time.  /Inger

Ninniditti
                          Participant

Hi Artie! I am also glad to hear from you. You seem to have a tough time and have had such a long time.  /Inger

Ninniditti
                            Participant

s wife
                              Participant

Hi Artie!

Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you. I'm so glad there's some improvement. Hang in there.

Keeping you in my prayers,

Susannah

s wife
                                Participant

Hi Artie!

Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you. I'm so glad there's some improvement. Hang in there.

Susannah

s wife
                                  Participant

Hi Artie!

Susannah

Nell
                                    Participant

Glad to hear from you. I know it gets discouraging at times. Lots of us are pulling for you!  Keep the faith….you are an inspiration.   Praying for good news!

Nell
                                      Participant

Glad to hear from you. I know it gets discouraging at times. Lots of us are pulling for you!  Keep the faith….you are an inspiration.   Praying for good news!

Nell
                                        Participant

_Paul_
                                          Participant

Hang in there Artie! That's great news about the tumors that are shrinking!

_Paul_
                                            Participant

_Paul_
                                              Participant

Jubes
                                                Participant

You have helped so many of us Artie. I am praying for you and hope you get some relief and sleep. We are all thinking of you Anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                  Participant

You have helped so many of us Artie. I am praying for you and hope you get some relief and sleep. We are all thinking of you Anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                    Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                    Participant

Thanks for asking. I'm doing ok I guess. I figured out I could stand up and eat with less swallowing and choking issues. Surprisingly the lumps along my throat seem like they are already gone. At least at the surface and I assume underneath. I do have one pain in my throat that might be a tumor or radiation burn. I dunno. Since it got worse with the radiation I'm assuming it is just burn. But that is amazing to see in the mirror and mom sees it too. The big one on my collar is smaller too. I haven't got all my weight back but I'm getting close. The big one in my shoulder seems less big. I haven't got much extra movement with the arm back yet but maybe as the radiation keeps working it will.

i had my first ambulance ride last Monday. I hope I don't have to again. I fell. Total waste of er time. Dad overheard the doc couldn't even do an X-ray until the next day. I got out of there and got my radiation. Apparently I didn't break anything. I'm able to walk with a cane ok.

got my 13th dose of pd1 too. First time I had it on same day as radiation. In past was always day before and after.

been in massive pain but really only when try to sit. They kept giving me more and stronger pain stuff. Nothing helped. Morphine every 2 hours was tearing me up big time. So I stopped that Friday. I'm going try to get off these two you have to come off of slow as soon as I can. I figured out all I needed was a way to keep pressure off my tailbone area. Thus lots of pillows and coccyx cushions seem to work pretty good for now. Apparently got something going on so they are radiating the t4 and t5 with high dose. Got 3 more to go.

was supposed to get 15 treatments to shoulder collar but they changed it to ten. So that is done.

when I finally get a spot I can sleep the swallowing issues wake me up. So I'm not getting much sleep. Trying though. At least I can eat.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                      Participant

Artie

Bubbles
                                                        Participant

I've been thinking of you daily, Artie!  Sorry about the fall.  Sounds like other things are improving slowly but surely!  Hang in there!!!  C

Bubbles
                                                          Participant

I've been thinking of you daily, Artie!  Sorry about the fall.  Sounds like other things are improving slowly but surely!  Hang in there!!!  C

Bubbles
                                                            Participant

JoshF
                                                              Participant

Nice to hear from you Artie! Praying for things to get better for you!

Josh

JoshF
                                                                Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                                                  Participant

Josh

Owl
                                                                    Participant

Artie, good to hear from you. Your are a hero and you will keep on figting.

All the best, Jenny

Owl
                                                                      Participant

All the best, Jenny

Owl
                                                                        Participant

All the best, Jenny

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics