The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hopefully not too out of place – Grandson here!

Forums General Melanoma Community Hopefully not too out of place – Grandson here!

Participant

I have been asked about an update by so many people that I will post here even if this is not a totally melanoma related item.  Life does go on!  Look for the good things and don;t just concentrt on what MIGHT happen.

My fifthteenth Grandchild (9th Grandson) Has deided to make his arrival.  My daughter said that it was an easy 19 hours (of the 21 hours) of labor.    Uriah Ellis Haessly  arrived at 01:41 am 8/7/2011.  He is 7 lbs 7.8 oz and is 19 1/4 inches long.

I have been asked about an update by so many people that I will post here even if this is not a totally melanoma related item.  Life does go on!  Look for the good things and don;t just concentrt on what MIGHT happen.

My fifthteenth Grandchild (9th Grandson) Has deided to make his arrival.  My daughter said that it was an easy 19 hours (of the 21 hours) of labor.    Uriah Ellis Haessly  arrived at 01:41 am 8/7/2011.  He is 7 lbs 7.8 oz and is 19 1/4 inches long.

Viewing 37 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

WooHooo!  Congrats Jerry!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
          Participant

Julie

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Julie

Julie in SoCal
              Participant

Julie

scots
                Participant

Congrats!

scots
                  Participant

Congrats!

Fen
                    Participant

Congrats to you and your family.  Wonderful to read happy news in the morning.

Fen
                      Participant

Congrats to you and your family.  Wonderful to read happy news in the morning.

Laurie from maine
                          Participant

Good news is always welcome!!  WOW that is a long labor she must be exhausted but sooo happy!  enjoy your grandson grandpa 🙂 thanks for posting

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                            Participant

Good news is always welcome!!  WOW that is a long labor she must be exhausted but sooo happy!  enjoy your grandson grandpa 🙂 thanks for posting

laurie from maine

lhaley
                            Participant

Definitely a great reason to post!  Now when you go to Colorado you can hold Uriah instead of riding a horse! 

So glad all went well with the delivery.

Linda (grandmother of 1)

lhaley
                              Participant

Definitely a great reason to post!  Now when you go to Colorado you can hold Uriah instead of riding a horse! 

So glad all went well with the delivery.

Linda (grandmother of 1)

Donna M.
                                Participant

Congratulations to you and your family!

Donna M.
                                  Participant

Congratulations to you and your family!

jag
                                    Participant

15? what are you Irish or something?

Congrats big fella.

jag
                                      Participant

15? what are you Irish or something?

Congrats big fella.

Bonnie Lea
                                        Participant

Oh I am so happy like I said on FB  congrats and ya like Jag said what YOU IRISH?  15 grandchildren.

I have two kitties   no grandchildren oh well.

Bonnie Lea
                                          Participant

Oh I am so happy like I said on FB  congrats and ya like Jag said what YOU IRISH?  15 grandchildren.

I have two kitties   no grandchildren oh well.

Tim–MRF

Jerry,

I can't imagine anything more melanoma relevant than knowing that a Stage IV patient has survived several years, and long enough to see their 15th grandchild born.

Congratulations to you, your daughter, and your entire family.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Jerry,

I can't imagine anything more melanoma relevant than knowing that a Stage IV patient has survived several years, and long enough to see their 15th grandchild born.

Congratulations to you, your daughter, and your entire family.

Tim–MRF

LV
                                                Participant

Good news is always welcome! Congrats and best wishes to you all!

LV
                                                  Participant

Good news is always welcome! Congrats and best wishes to you all!

mombase
                                                    Participant

Conratulations, Jerry! yes

mombase
                                                      Participant

Conratulations, Jerry! yes

Lori C
                                                        Participant

Congratulations to all and I wish him a long, healthy life with lots of grandpa time!

Lori Luxenberg Challinor

Lori C
                                                          Participant

Congratulations to all and I wish him a long, healthy life with lots of grandpa time!

Lori Luxenberg Challinor

JuleFL
                                                            Participant
                                                              Congratulations! Fifteen grandkids!?! You must be a very busy grandpa!
                                                              JuleFL
                                                              Participant
                                                                Congratulations! Fifteen grandkids!?! You must be a very busy grandpa!
                                                                RMcLegal
                                                                Participant

Such happy news is never out of place.  Congratulations!

RMcLegal
                                                                  Participant

Such happy news is never out of place.  Congratulations!

glewis923
                                                                    Participant

Congradulations…..now I'm green with envy!   Hope Momma, Dad and Baby all fine!  Sept. children are the best!  

Love, Grady Lewis 9-23   (1962).

glewis923
                                                                      Participant

Congradulations…..now I'm green with envy!   Hope Momma, Dad and Baby all fine!  Sept. children are the best!  

Love, Grady Lewis 9-23   (1962).

debandmike
                                                                        Participant

Congratulations….Grandchildren are God's reward for growing older! Enjoy : )

Vermont_Donna
                                                                            Participant

Such wonderful news! Thanks for sharing!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
                                                                              Participant

Such wonderful news! Thanks for sharing!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

debandmike
                                                                              Participant

Congratulations….Grandchildren are God's reward for growing older! Enjoy : )

triciad
                                                                                Participant

Congratulations on the ides of grandchildren…I can't believe you have 15!!!!!!!  May you have many years to enjoy them…love them…and dance at their weddings!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                    Participant

The first memory when I came to a month after the horse accident was my wonderful Miss Faith laying on me saying "I love you, Granddaddy!"  ven uncounciious, I'm sure I was feeling the love given by my 4 children and 9 grandchildren that saw me unconcious in the hospital.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                      Participant

The first memory when I came to a month after the horse accident was my wonderful Miss Faith laying on me saying "I love you, Granddaddy!"  ven uncounciious, I'm sure I was feeling the love given by my 4 children and 9 grandchildren that saw me unconcious in the hospital.

triciad
                                                                                      Participant

Congratulations on the ides of grandchildren…I can't believe you have 15!!!!!!!  May you have many years to enjoy them…love them…and dance at their weddings!

BethA
                                                                                        Participant

Fantastic news!  Congratulations.  That little baby, along with all the other grandchildren are very lucky!!   Beth 3/B

BethA
                                                                                          Participant

Fantastic news!  Congratulations.  That little baby, along with all the other grandchildren are very lucky!!   Beth 3/B

BethA
                                                                                            Participant

BethA
                                                                                              Participant

Viewing 37 reply threads
                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics