The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

*hope* *survival* *endurance* *living life*

Forums General Melanoma Community *hope* *survival* *endurance* *living life*

Participant

I learned about this amazing man, Mr. Leland Fay, right here on this board, became an instant "fan" and went back to his site often. Was delighted to go there today to find his latest post:

http://98braintumors.com/2019/02/to-hair-and-back/

Newcomer or not, brain mets or not, whatever stage you're at, I urge you to read about him!!

Best wishes to all!

Barb

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ourvan
        Participant

Thanks Barb – it's always so nice to lean on the words of these strong fighters, especially when they have such a great sense of humor.  (I put Celeste in this group as well!). 

sister of patient
            Participant

Yes!! And if you check the blogs that he follows, it's no surprise that one of them is "Chaotically Precise"  🙂

DZnDef
            Participant

Hi Barb,

Thanks so much for posting this.  As someone that has experienced a few brain tumors, it’s nice to read about someone who has dealt with them so well.  Thanks so much for sharing this.

Cheers!

Maggie

cancersnewnormal
              Participant

Whoa… so weird, I was just thinking about Leland yesterday, while I was out for a run! In 2013, I was deserately in need of some positive stories to hang onto. Leland and TJ Sharpe were my "hope warriors"…. along with John Murphy (for those looking for names of survivors still kicking the can down the road years later). Super happy to note that all three gents are still doing well at this time! Thanks for the post, which reminded me to go take a peek into "the life of Leland" again! I wonder how his boys are doing with hockey…. 🙂

Bubbles
                Participant

No doubt about it!!  Leland ROCKS!!!!  c

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics