The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Home from hospital

Forums General Melanoma Community Home from hospital

Participant
      Hello,
      I just got home from the hospital after 4 days. I was delirious and my husband made me go in after a full day’s struggle. They were chasing infection and couldn’t figure it out. I had a lumber puncture to check for meningitis. They did a CT scan and found more brain lesions….. I finally got to come home. They set me up with Hospice and I will enjoy each day I have. We are going to do some little trips we’ve been wanting to do. Appreciate all the prayers
      Tyais
    Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          Wishing you peace. Enjoy your trips.
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Oh, Tyais,

Blessings to you and yours. Wishing you many precious moments and love with your dear ones. Celeste

Carlsbad317
            Participant
              Wishing you peace and comfort. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
              Affected
              Participant
                Hi Tyais,

You are alive today; your loved ones are alive today. Your determination to enjoy every “today” for the rest of your life is something I will never forget. Thank you for sharing all your courage and bravery. May you and all your loved ones be blessed with all the peace your kindness deserves.

Affected

Happygal
                  Participant
                    This is. My goal, I know things are different for me, but I will move forward with smiles and heart and know that every day I spend is a great day!
                  MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Oh jeez Tyias, im sorry for your latest news, please please please can you get to Dr. Omid Hamid down here by me at The Angeles Clinic? We have clinical trials here! Its not the end Tyias is it? “Really” the End? I was told by my primary oncologist (here in Panorama City) i have less then a year and the other oncologist out in Riverside (Also Kaiser, i was almost treated by him but said screw him and now im at Cedars Sinai The Angeles Clinic) he even said i have less then 6 months to live (that was in August) & this is all said “If” i dont find a treatment plan that works for me (ive already done the Big 3 Keytruda, Yervoy and Opdivo with poor tumor response) please Tyias, being that your care team has stopped “all the way around”, get a referral to Dr. Omid Hamid now! The trials can pay for your trip and help with housing! Hes in West Los Angeles ill post his website on my next post to you…..comon Tyias! Please dont tap out! Please consider this….
                      Happygal
                      Participant
                        I have checked into other avenues, there are too many brain lesions for any alternative avenues. I am ok with it, I get a different view on life, with my husband doing what we want, without side effects of medication, so that works for us
                        MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Ok Tyais, I just wasnt gunna be so quick to say “Hay”, Have a good rest of your Life Tyais ya know? Deep down i believe theres something out there in the Trial world that could shrink them “fucking” stupid Melanoma bastards in your brain (excuse my English everyone, im upset for you Tyaia thats all…but when your tired your tired, it gets old, REAL old after awhile when nuthin works, every biopsy or scan reveals new lesions its tiring, im with you sis, well, have fun as much as you can, give Frankie a good hug for me (i LOVE cats) and spend time with your loved ones that you care for, say Hello To Heaven for me ok? Im beyond myself right now…
                        jbronicki
                        Participant
                          Hi Tyais,

Wishing you much love and peace as you live life with your loved ones and family, nothing more important than that. You are so brave in the face of this and I’m glad you will have the care you need to focus on living.

Many hugs,
                          Jackie

Happygal
                            Participant
                              Thank you Jackie, quality is so important!
                            lkb
                            Participant
                              Sending you big hugs and full, beautiful days.
                              Lisa
                              tedtell1
                              Participant
                                Hey Tyais;
                                I have to confess to a few tears this morning reading this. I am sure I am not alone. Peace and best wishes to you on the rest of this journey. I pray that you and your family make some joyous memories together to cherish going forward.
                                Ted
                                marta010
                                Participant
                                  Tyais – my heart is heavy for you and your family. Wishing you peace and blessings as you spend time with your family..

Ann

Happygal
                                  Participant
                                    Thank you all for the positivity, every bit helps. I will keep you all involved. I love life and we’re not giving up, just choosing our path!
                                      BrianP
                                      Participant
                                        Tyais,
                                        I so admire your courage and grace. With a unique name like yours I thought I might find you on Facebook and I did. It is so apparent from your Facebook page that you are surrounded by love from all your friends and family. I might also add that you look very badass in your leather jacket and chaps next to that car! I’ll pray for a medical miracle for you but just as important I’ll pray you are able to cherish every minute with your friends and family.
                                        Brian
                                      sks2019
                                      Participant
                                        Take care Tyais and I hope you find peace in every decision you make. This is the post I read when i woke up middle of the night worrying about what happens next for my mom if the ipi/nivo doesnt works and this has been on my mind all day.
                                        To all the warriors please keep the spirits up.
                                        casagrayson
                                        Participant
                                          Hi, Ttyais. I did not want to read this post. You have been such a source of encouragement and *happiness* on this forum. You are a strong woman, and you have chosen the path that works best for you, and you have the support of everyone here. Enjoy each day and find happiness in the small things. You’re very loved!!
                                      Viewing 11 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics