The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

home following surgery, it’s not melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community home following surgery, it’s not melanoma

Participant

Hi All,

Hi All,

Diagnosed in 1992, I have been stage IV for several years (having had  vaccine therapy for about 10 years).  I have had numerous mets including twice to the small bowel and necrossis of a suspected melanoma in the brain.   I posted here a few weeks ago very anxious over a nodule in the left lung believed to be melanoma.  A diagnostic bronchoscopy only indicated that it needed to be removed immediately.   Just got home fromthe hospital following a thoracoscopy with removal of the upper lobe of my left lung.  Awaiting final pathology, but preliminary pathology indicates IT IS NOT MELANOMA!   Imagine being overjoyed to have a lung cancer (have been told this particular cancer is somewhat rare, does not like to wander and will not require any further treatment); just so happy to report that this one is not melanoma.  Thanks for all your support.

janP

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        akls
        Participant

Jan,

I'm glad it's not melanoma.  My mother was just diagnosed with BAC lung cancer.  She had her upper right lobe removed last week and doesn't have to have any further treatment.  I wish you well with the pathology.  My mother had endometiral cancer 20 years ago so this was her second type of cancer also.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
          Participant

Jan,

I'm glad it's not melanoma.  My mother was just diagnosed with BAC lung cancer.  She had her upper right lobe removed last week and doesn't have to have any further treatment.  I wish you well with the pathology.  My mother had endometiral cancer 20 years ago so this was her second type of cancer also.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
            Participant

Jan,

Amy S. in Michigan

lhaley
              Participant

It's amazing how we end up being happy for things!   It is good that it's a lung test that doesn't like to wander.  That is another reason though that we should have biopsies and the wrong diagnosis assumed.

Hope you recover quickly! 

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

It's amazing how we end up being happy for things!   It is good that it's a lung test that doesn't like to wander.  That is another reason though that we should have biopsies and the wrong diagnosis assumed.

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Linda

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Totally amaziing the things that melanoma makes look good!  Let us know what the fimal report is.  You are one of us whether or not this one was melanoma!

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Totally amaziing the things that melanoma makes look good!  Let us know what the fimal report is.  You are one of us whether or not this one was melanoma!

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics