The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Holy Moly, I’m getting married TOMORROW!!!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Holy Moly, I’m getting married TOMORROW!!!!!

Participant

Happy Friday everyone!

Can you believe it, I'm getting married tomorrow!!!!!! How the heck did THAT happen????

Actually, it's worked out extremely well, but we didn't know that until the last minute.

Happy Friday everyone!

Can you believe it, I'm getting married tomorrow!!!!!! How the heck did THAT happen????

Actually, it's worked out extremely well, but we didn't know that until the last minute.

Tomorrow morning we're meeting my family at the local Farmer's Market for breakfast  – an Amish family that sells homemade breads, desserts, and milk products has set up a tent with picnic tables and griddle tops.  We ate there before – the menu changes weekly, but last time I got a huge pancake, link sausage (the size of keilbasa) and fresh milk for $3.50.  Then we're stopping by another booth and picking up some sunflowers to decorate the boat, and I ordered a couple of ribeyes from a local farmer and we'll pick those up at the same time.

Burly Man's best friend since childhood will be marrying us, and his wife will be the witness.  The plan is to go out on the boat (we are so lucky weather-wise; it's been in the high 90s for weeks, but a cold front moved in and we are being blessed with 80 degree temps during the day, and 50s at night) and find a little cove.  I'm wearing a white sundress and he's wearing a white shirt and shorts.   The preacher will marry us, his wife will take pictures, then we'll have champagne and music and the fun will begin!!!

It's hard to believe… neither of us ever thought we'd be doing this, but we are both very happy. 

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loading spinner
Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Replies
      LizzM
      Participant

Sounds perfect!! Congratulations to you and Burly Man! May you have many years of happiness and good health together.

~~Liz

Loading spinner
      LizzM
      Participant

Sounds perfect!! Congratulations to you and Burly Man! May you have many years of happiness and good health together.

~~Liz

Loading spinner
      JMart
      Participant

Well congratulations.  Have a wonderful life!

Janet

Loading spinner
      JMart
      Participant

Well congratulations.  Have a wonderful life!

Janet

Loading spinner
      bcl
      Participant

sounds like the most stress free wedding I've ever heard of… congratulations Cyn,  to you and Burly Man!

all the best, linda:)

Loading spinner
      bcl
      Participant

sounds like the most stress free wedding I've ever heard of… congratulations Cyn,  to you and Burly Man!

all the best, linda:)

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant

Sounds great, I will say a prayer that you have good weather.   Definitely would like to see pics of you and the boat.

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant

Sounds great, I will say a prayer that you have good weather.   Definitely would like to see pics of you and the boat.

Loading spinner
      Janner
      Participant

Congratulations, Cyn!  I'm very happy for you.  Your wedding sounds fantastic… and just right for you.  I get the part about "not believing I'd ever be doing this", but isn't it exciting?!?!?

Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Janner

Loading spinner
        rtsmichele
        Participant

Way to go Cyn!!!  Have a wonderful wedding and a wonderful life!!

Congratulations!

XO,

Michele  :-)heart

Loading spinner
        rtsmichele
        Participant

Way to go Cyn!!!  Have a wonderful wedding and a wonderful life!!

Congratulations!

XO,

Michele  :-)heart

Loading spinner
      Janner
      Participant

Congratulations, Cyn!  I'm very happy for you.  Your wedding sounds fantastic… and just right for you.  I get the part about "not believing I'd ever be doing this", but isn't it exciting?!?!?

Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Janner

Loading spinner
      StanN
      Participant

Congrats to You and Mr. Burley Man,

Much Love and Happiness togetehr.

Your right about the weather, it should be just dandy

a great day to   get married,

StanN

Loading spinner
      StanN
      Participant

Congrats to You and Mr. Burley Man,

Much Love and Happiness togetehr.

Your right about the weather, it should be just dandy

a great day to   get married,

StanN

Loading spinner
      LV
      Participant

Deepest wishes for continued happiness and joy for both of you! It's wonderful to hear such good news, and it sounds like a perfect wedding.

All the best.

Laura

Loading spinner
      LV
      Participant

Deepest wishes for continued happiness and joy for both of you! It's wonderful to hear such good news, and it sounds like a perfect wedding.

All the best.

Laura

Loading spinner
      KyCyn
      Participant

Thank you, everyone!  I'll try to have a picture or two when I return.

Hey, Janner…. Tag! You're Next!!!! ;)

Loading spinner
      KyCyn
      Participant

Thank you, everyone!  I'll try to have a picture or two when I return.

Hey, Janner…. Tag! You're Next!!!! ;)

Loading spinner
      Kimmer
      Participant

Oh it sounds perfect !

Please, please post some pics.

Congratulations and many blessings.

K.

Loading spinner
      Kimmer
      Participant

Oh it sounds perfect !

Please, please post some pics.

Congratulations and many blessings.

K.

Loading spinner
      BonnieLea
      Participant

II AM SOOOOO excited!  I will be there as a little teeny sand flea!  or maybe that seabird in the distance watching with keen eyes.

Congrats to you and Bob

Love from Me and my Bob

Loading spinner
      BonnieLea
      Participant

II AM SOOOOO excited!  I will be there as a little teeny sand flea!  or maybe that seabird in the distance watching with keen eyes.

Congrats to you and Bob

Love from Me and my Bob

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

Cyn! have  a wonderful wedding day!

dian

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

Cyn! have  a wonderful wedding day!

dian

Loading spinner
      BethA in VA
      Participant

Have a wonderfully fun filled day.  I hope you are marrying your best friend and that you will be forever happy.  Your wedding plans sound fun.  So have a great day and be happy together FOREVER. 

Loading spinner
      BethA in VA
      Participant

Have a wonderfully fun filled day.  I hope you are marrying your best friend and that you will be forever happy.  Your wedding plans sound fun.  So have a great day and be happy together FOREVER. 

Loading spinner
      BarbieGirl
      Participant

Congrats, Cyn!!  I wish you a lifetime of happiness!!  *Hugz*

~Lisa~

Loading spinner
      BarbieGirl
      Participant

Congrats, Cyn!!  I wish you a lifetime of happiness!!  *Hugz*

~Lisa~

Loading spinner
      Eehgads
      Participant

Hi Cyn,

I hope your nuptials went off without a hitch, you deserve much happiness. And to say, "I remember when."  Things always happen for a reason. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to congratulate you earlier, you're probably off on a wonderful honeymoon or just basking in the glow of being a newlywed.

Must be something in the water, weddings galore around here. Love is in the air!

Michele

Loading spinner
      Eehgads
      Participant

Hi Cyn,

I hope your nuptials went off without a hitch, you deserve much happiness. And to say, "I remember when."  Things always happen for a reason. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to congratulate you earlier, you're probably off on a wonderful honeymoon or just basking in the glow of being a newlywed.

Must be something in the water, weddings galore around here. Love is in the air!

Michele

Loading spinner
Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.