The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Holy Cannoli Skin Rash is a Real Thing on Ipi/Nivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Holy Cannoli Skin Rash is a Real Thing on Ipi/Nivo

Participant
      Hi dear friends, heading into the clinic for my first infusion, I thought of how lucky I’d be to coast that first month without side effects, as I’d read is pretty often the case. Boy was I wrong about me! Side effects hit second day. Luckily so far they resolve pretty quickly. Now I have a skin rash. Has anyone has this side effect on treatment and how did you manage with any natural options? I am on Triamcinolone (SP?) and Benadryl. I also continue to take my Dexamethasone for swelling from zapped brain mets, but only at 2 mg. Am hoping that I won’t have to go on a stronger one. And also, have you heard that skin rash may be a sign of treatment effectiveness? I sure hope so!

Very best to you all!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelMel
        Participant
          I had most of my side effects 3-4 weeks post infusion. I had full torso measlelike rash about 5 weeks in. It was a bit itchy but resolved itself on it’s own. I had temperature at same time of the day for three days. Two weeks later I was admitted to the hospital due to a liver injury. From there I cannot attribute the side effects to the immunotherapy but to the large doses of steroids starting with 150 mg. Six months later, I developed vitiligo which has spread throughout my torso, arms and legs.
          Hopefully your rash resolves.
          Melanie
            sing123
            Participant
              Oh goodness, Mel sorry to hear that you went through so much. And do you recall for how long you had the skin rash?
              MelMel
              Participant
                I had it for about 3 weeks. It started on top of my abdomen under my breasts and very quickly it spread throughout my entire torso. It was slightly itchy for a few days but not after and it never blistered. Eventually, it faded and disappeared all on it’s own.
          Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics