The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Holistic therapy work?

Forums General Melanoma Community Holistic therapy work?

Participant

My son is very, very ill as you know from my post titled "my son's journey thus far". He continues to decline. His lungs are full of fluid and tumors, as well as many other area's of his body. He also has horrible lymphatic swelling from the diaphragm down to his feet. The doctor will not give him anymore chemo as it did nothing for him. He did agree to give him a dose of ipi a week ago yesterday. He has gained over 60 pounds of fluid weight in the last few weeks. He and his wife want to try Gersen therapy but can't find anyone here to administer it.

My son is very, very ill as you know from my post titled "my son's journey thus far". He continues to decline. His lungs are full of fluid and tumors, as well as many other area's of his body. He also has horrible lymphatic swelling from the diaphragm down to his feet. The doctor will not give him anymore chemo as it did nothing for him. He did agree to give him a dose of ipi a week ago yesterday. He has gained over 60 pounds of fluid weight in the last few weeks. He and his wife want to try Gersen therapy but can't find anyone here to administer it. I don't know that he has enough time for that to work anyways. Is there anything else out there that may help him?

Thank you,

Kim

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

I am familiar with the concepts used by holistic therapies, as they have been an area of interest
          for a long time. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any that will be of much help to
          people with mid to late stage melanoma. However, I have read that Gersen therapy may have
          beneficial effects in terms of enhancing one's sense of wellbeing. Some patients with other
          diseases feel that it has some definite benefits.

I wish that I could be more positive, but melanoma is an extremely difficult cancer to treat once
          it starts to overwhelm the immune system. Holistic therapies do take time to work, and their way
          of acting is often subtle compared to the drug based treatments of conventional medicine.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
          Participant

I am familiar with the concepts used by holistic therapies, as they have been an area of interest
            for a long time. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any that will be of much help to
            people with mid to late stage melanoma. However, I have read that Gersen therapy may have
            beneficial effects in terms of enhancing one's sense of wellbeing. Some patients with other
            diseases feel that it has some definite benefits.

I wish that I could be more positive, but melanoma is an extremely difficult cancer to treat once
            it starts to overwhelm the immune system. Holistic therapies do take time to work, and their way
            of acting is often subtle compared to the drug based treatments of conventional medicine.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Frank from Australia

Gene_S
            Participant

Kim,

Here is some information on the Gerson Therapy.

http://www.ralphmoss.com/gerson.html

Do a search on "Ralph Moss and melanoma".  He does consulting work (about $500) and could probably tell you what treatments are available worldwide.  Here is a website that is similar to the Gerson Therapy that you can start at home today.

http://garhildenbrand.com/headstart.html

Please keep us informed if you choose to do the holistic treatment.

Best Wishes,

Gene

Gene_S
              Participant

Kim,

Here is some information on the Gerson Therapy.

http://www.ralphmoss.com/gerson.html

Do a search on "Ralph Moss and melanoma".  He does consulting work (about $500) and could probably tell you what treatments are available worldwide.  Here is a website that is similar to the Gerson Therapy that you can start at home today.

http://garhildenbrand.com/headstart.html

Please keep us informed if you choose to do the holistic treatment.

Best Wishes,

Gene

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Because this topic was brought up elsewhere, I have this handy from the American Cancer Society. If you're going to be informed, you need an independent resource on Gershon therapy.

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/DietandNutrition/gerson-therapy

How is your son?

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Because this topic was brought up elsewhere, I have this handy from the American Cancer Society. If you're going to be informed, you need an independent resource on Gershon therapy.

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/DietandNutrition/gerson-therapy

How is your son?

Grace and peace,

Carol

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics