The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hi y’all-took a break

Forums General Melanoma Community Hi y’all-took a break

Participant

Hey everyone, 

I've been gone for just a little bit. I needed to get my head clear and spend some time trying to get my head straight. I'm on like three different meds for anxiety and depression and I feel like a basket case. I think I need to spend some more time outside while I can before the snow starts invading our life. My dad gets married next week in Nashville, so I'm glad I get to get away from my kids a little bit and spend some time with my family who I never see anymore. (My whole family is from San Diego, CA and I now live in Boise, ID). 
      I've been trying to let Melanoma sit on the back burner just a little bit so that I can maybe live my life a little bit. I think it's time to get my body back to a healthy weight and just enjoy my life. I do have this dome over me that it'll pop up whenever it would like again. And that thought it just scary.

Anyways, this is just the most random post. I miss you guys. I've been thinking about all of you and your treatments. I will continue to pop in and update y'all on my random life. Much love!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        KellyH
        Participant

Hi Savannah. 

Dealing with the uncertainty of a melanoma diagnosis is so not easy….I am not the patient, my young son is. And trust me I spend every minute of the day worrying…so I am pretty sure that you are doing the best you can and that does not make you a basket case.  Adjusting to this “new normal” will take a very long time. Give yourself a break, this is not an easy pill to swallow. 

I think you are doing everything right,  take one day at a time and try to live your life to the fullest!!! Have fun at the wedding, enjoy the fall weather, carve pumpkins with your kids, jump in a pile of leaves ….just do whatever you can to enjoy yourself and hopefully with everyday it will get easier and easier to live your life without the constant thought of melanoma. 

We are about halfway through my sons treatment….and I am counting down the days. 

This is a scary journey, that’s for sure. But I have to believe that everyone affected by this is stronger than the melanoma could ever be!!!!  The love and support from melanoma patients and family members on this board alone is proof of that!!!  

Hang in there!! Xoxo 

kelly 🙂

MelanomaMike
          Participant
            Little sister Savannah! There you are!, as soon as yer post popped up i was like oh yah, what the heck!? Lol..
            Ya sis, come here to California and get some good family lovin’ & Vitamin D (sun) and splash around at the beach, you sound like a good vacation is needed! (I live here to in SoCal)…Once your body saturates with your anxiety/depression meds, you should start feeling better assuming you dont have to either up/lower the dose or change it completly..have fun sis! Were behind you! In front of you! And to the side of you! And hell, we re even diagonal to you! Dont be affraid to take us with you to San Diego, you can update your good times with us play by play!!..Mike…
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Oh wait, yer going to Nashville not San Diego..well either way, the Nash gettaway sounds good!…
              marta010
              Participant

Savannah – enjoy your trip and time with your family. Focus on the great results you got and take life one day at a time. Worrying about tomorrow robs you of today and doesn’t change anything. IF you have a future recurrence…a big, unlikely IF… you will have options for treatment. Safe travels!

Ann

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics