The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hi, on my way back to the NIH…

Forums General Melanoma Community Hi, on my way back to the NIH…

Participant

The snowstorms actually have my flights canceled and I'm stuck in the Dallas Airport overnight. It's cold, uncomfortable, a little lonely… but a perfect time to check up and say hello to all of you.

The snowstorms actually have my flights canceled and I'm stuck in the Dallas Airport overnight. It's cold, uncomfortable, a little lonely… but a perfect time to check up and say hello to all of you.

It's been a couple weeks, did my best to enjoy the holidays, focus on the positive and live a life not revolving around this situation. And I've been doing well. I think I recovered great from the "ACT". The papers they gave me said I might be pretty fatigued for a month or so, but after three days home, and finally keeping food down and eating a lot of it… I've felt pretty good. Actually the best I've felt since August probably.  I'm back at work and am doing all the normal things I did before all of this. My weight is back to normal and now if my hair would just grow back, I'd be golden. 🙂

Anyway, they've got me coming back to the NIH once a month for six months for scans to see what's going on inside of me. Hopefully I can get a couple hours of sleep here on the floor before my plane leaves tomorrow at 7am, and if that flight's not canceled I should make it to DC just in time to catch the shuttle which will get me the the NIH just in time to check in and make my way over to the MRI and CTscan area just in time to fill up on the fruity contrast drinks. mmmmm. It's going to be close. Then Thursday morning I have to do aphresis before the doctors meet with me. Then we talk, and that will be the first of hopefully a few big positive definitive moments. I'm not necessarily overly worried or exited about with they will say, but I am concerned and interested if that makes sense. I know I'm in good hands there and know they're doing what they can to help. Which does a lot to ease the mind. So we'll see how this goes. I'll let you all know. 

Here's to a cold night in a strange airport. Where's the light switch?

Goodnight all. 🙂

-Kevin

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

Kevin!

Thanks for checking in. I'm so sorry you are stuck in the airport, and I hope you get a little sleep and get on your way to NIH. Everyone here will be keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.

I hope you are a complete responder to this treatment.

Good luck!

dian

dian in spokane
          Participant

Kevin!

Thanks for checking in. I'm so sorry you are stuck in the airport, and I hope you get a little sleep and get on your way to NIH. Everyone here will be keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.

I hope you are a complete responder to this treatment.

Good luck!

dian

Linda J
            Participant
              Good luck – I hope you get great news!!
              Linda J
                Laurie from maine
                Participant

Hi Kevin,

So glad you checked in.  I have been stranded at airports before defintely an eerie feeling, hopefully you were able to rest some of make an "airport friend" to talk to during your long wait.  Good luck with scans – strong prayers and fingers crossed!

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                  Participant

Hi Kevin,

So glad you checked in.  I have been stranded at airports before defintely an eerie feeling, hopefully you were able to rest some of make an "airport friend" to talk to during your long wait.  Good luck with scans – strong prayers and fingers crossed!

take care

laurie from maine

Linda J
                  Participant
                    Good luck – I hope you get great news!!
                    Linda J
                    lhaley
                    Participant

Kevin,

Hope you got out of Dallas! Of course once you land in DC I hope you can get to NIH!  You'll have to ask Debbie from VA about the good things that can happen while stuck in an airport!  Her story might be in her profile.

I'm sending prayers for great scans and a happy flight home!!

Linda

Stage IV in wait mode, scans in 4 weeks

lhaley
                      Participant

Kevin,

Hope you got out of Dallas! Of course once you land in DC I hope you can get to NIH!  You'll have to ask Debbie from VA about the good things that can happen while stuck in an airport!  Her story might be in her profile.

I'm sending prayers for great scans and a happy flight home!!

Linda

Stage IV in wait mode, scans in 4 weeks

jag
                        Participant

Kevin.

Hang in there chief. 

Thinking of you.

John.

jag
                          Participant

Kevin.

Hang in there chief. 

Thinking of you.

John.

Fen
                            Participant

I hope you made it in time, Kevin.  Thanks for posting. Keeping ever appendage I have crossed for you!

Fen

Fen
                              Participant

I hope you made it in time, Kevin.  Thanks for posting. Keeping ever appendage I have crossed for you!

Fen

King
                                Participant

Kevin,

You are an amazing guy!  Spending the night in the Dallas airport had to be awful yet you managed to make the best of it.  I know you'll keep us posted.  You are a huge inspiration.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                                  Participant

Kevin,

You are an amazing guy!  Spending the night in the Dallas airport had to be awful yet you managed to make the best of it.  I know you'll keep us posted.  You are a huge inspiration.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

BethA in VA
                                    Participant

Oh don't you just hate the airport crap??  It isn't usually the most comfortable place to be.  Glad to hear life is returning somewhat to normal.  Hair or no hair…it's just fluff!!  Get great results on your testing…I will keep you in my prayers.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                      Participant

Oh don't you just hate the airport crap??  It isn't usually the most comfortable place to be.  Glad to hear life is returning somewhat to normal.  Hair or no hair…it's just fluff!!  Get great results on your testing…I will keep you in my prayers.  Beth 3/B

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics